Viper 791 XV install. DIY?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lurius
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Heya, I have had this alarm sitting in a box on my shelf alogn with numerous accessories for it for about a year now. I was wondering if yall thought it would be worth the hassle to install it myself. I have plenty of free time(and a spring break coming up soon) and am pretty comfortable working with my truck, even semi-complex wiring.

As a total amateur, no previous alarm experience, how many hours would this take you think? Alarm is a viper 791 xv, I have tilt sensors, backup battery, backup siren, 3 extra sirens, glass break sensor, and a couple other gadgets. The vehicle is an 04 chevy silverado.

-Lurius

As long as you are comfortable with a DMM you should be just fine. Make sure you have the bypass module for the silverado. I also believe there is a door lock module you want to get for that truck as well. A wiring diagram also helps a lot. Just take your time and make sure all connections are done well and follow instructions it isnt too difficult all. For your first install I would say set aside a full day to allow yourself time to do it well.

i would give it a good weekend starting off, just get a good solder gun alot of beer and a decent dmm. Always have everything extra you might need as said above, mainly extra primary wire and relays if needed. Good luck if you try. Also Spin Twist your wires for an easier and cleaner appearance.

Good Luck man im sure it will be great!

yeah i say atleast a full day do to the wiring and a 1/2 day for the remote start, just kuz my first alarm took me 12 hours and first remote start took 5 hours. i dont recommend spinning the wires on an alarm kuz you want alarm wires hidden so tape them up all the way with electrical tape. i only spin wires on a remote start unit just because it makes it neater and you dont really have to worry so much as to security with them, just make sure you run your wires with all the other wiring in the car, keep the brain high and hidden but still able to get too for you. i zip tied my shock sensor to a metal brace in my car and works good just make sure after you get it in that it trips the the sensitivty you want. read this it is the best one i have found besides renting the select products alarm video. http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=004434

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Lurius

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Lurius
Arlington, Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date