voicecoil wiring options

I have a DVC 2ohm subwoofer, and want to wire it to a 4ohm load to a two channel pa2300, bridged. I'm guessing that I hook the driver up + -> -, and then + to one channel output, and the negative to the other channel output. Am I correct?

i got a pretty simple question for anyone, just because i confused myself a little and got screwed on the equipment i ordered.... first ill start with.. i have A pioneer gm-d8500 d-mono 1200w amp and ordered 2-12" subs for that amp.. but the subs were on back order and i got an "equal replacement" sub that i was told will work perfect with my amp. it was the pioneer ws-309s4 1400w.. when i recieved the order and installed the subs i found out real quick the amp was severly underpowered and now i need a larger amp but im looking into a 2-4 channel bridgeable amp.. my question is if i have a 4ohm svc sub and wire it to 2 or 1 ohm will it damage the sub, and with the subs wired together do i double the reccomended rms and peak wattage required for the sub.. thanks for any help

Oh haha, I already have that page bookmarked. I use it a lot. I was looking for a site that will do up to 6 subs at least but Ill google it myself :p thanks for the help though. Much appreciated.

mods, could you make this a sticky? I think it might be worth the trouble. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
***images courtesy of Rockford Corp. Rockford Fosgate® | Car Audio for Fanatics: Speakers, Amplifiers, Subs ****

single subs

1_2ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

1_2ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

1_4ohmDVC_8ohm.gif

I had to split it up, cause it wouldn't le tme post all at once.

If someone can give me links to large pics of quad VC configs, I'll add it here.
The links in your thread are dead.. It would be really awesome if you could fix them. Thanks

I have a question more than one really if you have the option of wiring in series or parallel and you would have the same load either way is there any advantage from doing one or the other ? I'm looking at buying a new sub and my amp will only handle a 2 ohm load but in the future (maybe 6 or 8 more month's ) I plan on getting an amp that is 1 ohm stable . Which voice coil would y'all recommend . Do I stay at 2 ohms or get a sub that I can wire down to 1 ohm and have to play at 4 ohms till I get a different amp . This is a Dc 18xl we are talking about .Any help would be appreciated ! I'm stuck on the fence .

hey guys quick question. i have the subs cutting out issue thats often discussed. now i am in the middle of the big 3 project right now. but i changed other parts of my system as well. basically my question is how would you wire two kicker compr10's to a kicker cx-600.1 mono amp. the subs are the two ohm dvc's. the way i have it set up right now is positive terminal to positive terminal to amplifier and the negative side the same way. they have the impedance switch which i have at 1 ohm on each of them. i'm pretty sure its wiring in the engine bay. but I'm a little concerned since it worked fine with one sub but not with two.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.