Volume decrease when I turn it up loud

thats weird, image loads fine for me lol i used dropbox like normal

depending on your truck, you might be able to find frame rail mounts for more batts. i was considering throwing another 1 or 2 down there, GM makes the actual frame mount

So I just let my car sit idle in driveway for 10 minutes with the stereo cranked up. The voltage from alternator stayed at 14.1 but my head unit is now reading 11.9. I think it's the battery.

That wire is not cheap, what gauge are you using? Also I thought you needed an isolator?
You dont need an isolator. and use whatever gauge youre using in your car now. You could find what you need for prob around $25

So I just let my car sit idle in driveway for 10 minutes with the stereo cranked up. The voltage from alternator stayed at 14.1 but my head unit is now reading 11.9. I think it's the battery.
Yes sir..That battery has a bad cell in it..That batt needs be replaced with a good AGM.Prob all you need at this point with the system you have in there, and be just fine.Deff get that replaced pretty soon.

I tried that battery from oreilly's but it doesn't fit unfortunately. I think I'm just going to go full "heavy metal" on the battery and get a diehard platinum. Yeah it's more pricey but the specs on it are awesome and they have it in stock at my local sears.

Installed the diehard platinum. Voltage never goes below 13.7 now. Volume issue is gone. Headlights still get dimming though. Guess I need a second battery though maybe.

Too bad, you probably needed a new battery though. Get the alternator tested, if that checks out then I'd have to say it might be the Honda thing or a problem with something else..

I think I read somewhere that Hondas have a temperature deal where the alt produces less amperage on hotter Temps and higher amps at cooler temps, or vise versa. The person had to trick this temp sensor to get it to level out, and I think they modified it with a resistor. Not sure what forum it was but Google might help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.