Want something a little louder than my SPR-17S

SSon22s
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Racine,WI
Well Ive had my system in for a few months now and not totally satisfied...I am running a PDX 4.150 with a set of SPR-17s Comps up front and Type R 6x9 Coaxs in rear...It sounds pretty good to me, Im not a huge sq guy and Ill admit I dont have that picky of an ear but I just want something that might be able to handle this amp better and get louder, I was wondering how the SPX-17PRO setup would be? the Type R 6x9 coaxs are about as big as I can go in the rear, due to the factory locations, otherwise id be swapping in a set of REVs...

Any help?? Now its summer and I have all the windows down and turn the music up, these things are really starting to irritate me...

Dont really have the room to do that, the sets I have available are either Alpine SPX-177R (older type Xs) or the Image Dynamic Chameleons, I dont mind the sound of the Type R comps but I want something LOUDER...Will be powering the new setup off of the PDX amp as well

Hessdawg is selling those id oem 6.5" mids if he has any left. They should get plenty loud off that amp.

I wouldn't even bother with the rear fill. Make 6X9 to 6.5" round adapters and throw 2 6.5" subs in there!

Well I thinking Im going to try out the ID Chameleons, will this be a good step up??? The SPX-177Rs sounds very good but I just dont know if theyll get loud enough for me and they are only rated at 75wrms....I am going to try and swap out my R's for the Chameleons tomorrow and give them a demo.....I have the tweets mounted in the factory location on the dash at the base of the windshield, mids in the doors, will they sound good this way?

Really? I dont know what else I can do, I was thinking about throwing some 6x9 REVs in the door and maybe some 4" in the dash?? I dont know what else to do, I just find myself maxing out the R's too much to where they start snapping/popping which of course I back off....

put some rainbow power line cs's in there...those will definetely make a difference. You need ~250w per side, so bridge that pdx 4.150 and you'll have sick volume on tap. I bet they get louder than your fronts & rears combined do now, and sound better. Need almost 4 inches of mounting depth though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

here they are next to some rainbow germaniums //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

GermPowerlineCS2.jpg

Dont know if I have the money or depth for anything like that.....I swapped out one side with the Chameleons and they sound pretty good, they seem clearer than the R's but I think I have the tweeter too far from the mid, On the Type R side the sound seems more "full" I can hear the mid alot more than on the ID's....Volume seems pretty close on both sides but I feel like I could turn the gains up a lil with the ID's....

Well I finally got the ID's in and moved the tweeters into the pillars, they were wayyyy harsh mounted at the base of the windshield, they definitely seem to stay cleaner at louder volumes and I am really liking the way they sound, now I just need to deaden my doors all the way to get the most outta the mids, they seem to love the PDX power though....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.