Want to know if I'm on the right track.......

Participant count
  • Participant list

shadybutclever
10+ year member

I recently bought 2 sets of Kodas 6.5 components. They will be powered by a JL 300/4 amp. Wondering if the amp is the right amp for these speakers meaning will they have enough watts going to them to do their business. Another question is that is it necessary for the other set of tweeters to be installed? What are the pros and/or cons? These will be installed in a Jeep grand cherokee. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

ok.....75w / comp set should be suffecient(not sure how much power that amp puts out).......the 2nd set of tweets are not necessary tho........make sure u let us know how they sound.....

Originally posted by Goddyd4me ok.....75w / comp set should be suffecient(not sure how much power that amp puts out).......the 2nd set of tweets are not necessary tho........make sure u let us know how they sound.....
They will be installed next month along with 2 brahma 12" powered by 2 ed.1 amps, with some custom installation. Do you know anything about the headunits? The question is that I want a DVD player but don't want to pay for those overpriced ones out on the market. The idea I was thinking is getting a unit and a seperate screen and thin hooking it up to a PS2 (the dvd player)? Is this a good idea?

im sure its possible if done correctly..........would probably want a switch so u could switch the sound between the 2 or have a seperate set of speakers dedicated for the ps2......if u need any help feel free to im me on aim or msn(see below).......also im not real famalier(sp?) w/ the video side of car audio....but i have a general understanding......

Originally posted by shadybutclever I recently bought 2 sets of Kodas 6.5 components. They will be powered by a JL 300/4 amp. Wondering if the amp is the right amp for these speakers meaning will they have enough watts going to them to do their business. Another question is that is it necessary for the other set of tweeters to be installed? What are the pros and/or cons? These will be installed in a Jeep grand cherokee. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif
The speakers will do just fine with the power you have available. If you have your component set in kick panels, a separate set of tweeters can be installed in A-Pillars to combat the rainbow effect, but often times this is not necessary, especially for an average listener.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.