Want to lower my ranger.

From what i remember Ford trucks are the hardest to lower, Front end is the tough part and costs alote more then say a S-10 to have it done right

Yea. I dont want to do a big drop. Depending on the rim size. If i get 18s, I will prolly do a 3/4 drop. And if I get 20s, I will prolly do a 2/3 drop

Alright cmon guys. I dont want to raise the truck. It is not 4X4. I want to lower it and make a nice show truck out of it. And eventually put some air bags on it.

im pretty sure you have torsion bars like me. if im right, all you gotta do is remove the torsion bar bolts, and it drops it usually 2" sometimes 3. for the back all u need i THINK is 2 or 3" lowering blocks, lemme double check and i can get pics for you and everything, hit me up on AIM if u have aim: ufvj217

btw rangers look badass lowered, i'd never lift one!!!

If you're planning on bagging it... put the money you would have spent on lowering it aside and keep it saved for the air ride.

Is it a pain in the ass to do?
I am going to get a kit eventually and put it on myself. The main thing is that I wanna know how hard it is.
I put the 5/6 DJM kit on my Ranger....flip kit wasn't hard at all in the rear, but messing with all the A-arms and controls in the front is a pain in the ass. I have a 6/7 total drop on mine because I used the Belltech 3 inch lowering springs in the front instead of the 2 inch springs that come with the DJM kit. In the rear I also flipped the shackles, which isn't hard at all either. If you do decided to get a lowering kit, definitly go the DJM route, the ride is much better, as well as the quality. If you don't have too much mechanical experience, I highly suggest you let a mechanic put the front kit on. Furthermore, have an appointment to get you truck aligned ASAP after you put the kit on...after I dropped mine, I could barely drive the damn thing because it was so out of line.

I have some mechanical experience. And my step dad is a certified mechanic also. So im sure he would be able to help me
Then you shouldn't have any problem.

Just make sure to have an alignment scheduled...it is pretty much undrivable until it gets realigned.

What kit are you looking at?

Then you shouldn't have any problem.
Just make sure to have an alignment scheduled...it is pretty much undrivable until it gets realigned.

What kit are you looking at?
ai havent really checked for any kits yet. I just got back from my dads a lil while ago. So he doesnt have internet. But what kit would you recomend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.