Waterproofing speakers in my door

Got a question for anybody can answer when I'm hooking up my power to my battery how far away is the max the fuse can be away from the battery?
No Limitations that I can Think of ..unless Spaced specifically for the car Manufact. to meet Safety Build Spec guidelines. If you can get a ring terminal on Battery Post and to the ANL Fuse holder and its secure.. It shouldnt be an issue. I always give myself 4-6 inches from batt to Fuse holder and about 4-6 inches longer at fuse holder for supply wiring. To refresh/cut back if needed if corrosion exist for future refreshing of the end connections. I also check all my connections when Im under the hood checking my oil level when I get gas.

Well problem is the 1/0 wire is so big I'm having a hard time getting it through the firewall and I'm having a hard time mounting the fuse holder close to the battery that's why I was wondering if I could run the wire from the battery inside through the firewall and put the fuse on the inside of the car.

Just tried to put my door panels back on they won't go on the bottom will snap in but I can't get the right side to click in the panel's hitting something on the door and I don't think it's the speakerphone around the speaker I think it's some of the door deadening material that I covered all the holes up with in the door is stopping it from being able to allow the clips to click in don't know where it's hitting.
Deff got keep those Holes Freed up if you want to use again. They may not be long enough now. I predrilled holes on mine and used Torx But screws. Secure and a PITA for unwanted people to get Panel off and unscrew Speakers. Same used on Speakers. I use Star,Torx, Philis and square on Door speakers. LOL. PITA But?? Maybe by then .. Im standing next to that individual or above asking .. WTF are You Doing?? LOL

Well problem is the 1/0 wire is so big I'm having a hard time getting it through the firewall and I'm having a hard time mounting the fuse holder close to the battery that's why I was wondering if I could run the wire from the battery inside through the firewall and put the fuse on the inside of the car.
The Fuse at Closest point at the battery as possible. You want to Fuse the wiring BEFORE it goes through the Cabin Area/ Leaves the engine bay area

Drill a little bit larger hole in Fire wall. Seal with Silicone on inside and inside fire wall

Yeah I'm more concerned about getting my door panels back on then the fuse holder I'll get the fuse holder to work.

All of the holes are open for the plastic tabs to go back into something stopping it and I don't know what it is I got to figure out what is not allowing it on the speaker side to click back in it clicks in down below the speaker but once I get up on the side with the speakers and above the speaker those tabs will not go back in I can force them in but there's so much pressure there they won't stay clicked in.

You can Use Large Zip Ties to secure the Wiring on Ea. Side of the Fuse holder to the existing wiring under the hood or metal ect to secure the wiring. The fuse Holder will and should be rigid enough to stay in place if you do not have room to Screw the Fuse holder down. They work just fine. I would change them at the minimum of once a year.

As far as the firewall goes and the hole it's above my accelerator pedal inside the cabin I have to remove the pedal and the electronic connection to it I already had to do that to a large to make larger the original hole that was there to get my 4 gauge wire through I now have a step drill then I'm going to have to make it an inch big hole to get my 1/0 wire through there with a grommet remember I'm dealing with a Fiat 500 everything is complicated and small and tight.

Yeah I'm more concerned about getting my door panels back on then the fuse holder I'll get the fuse holder to work.

All of the holes are open for the plastic tabs to go back into something stopping it and I don't know what it is I got to figure out what is not allowing it on the speaker side to click back in it clicks in down below the speaker but once I get up on the side with the speakers and above the speaker those tabs will not go back in I can force them in but there's so much pressure there they won't stay clicked in.
Its the Foam surround on the speaker putting pressure on the panel/ Bottoming out without anymore give/ clearance Im sure. I had same issue with one my Honda doors in the past. I had cut some off around it to make it work. took a couple times and i ended up taking / Cutting like 1/4" off on the Foam Surround

As far as the firewall goes and the hole it's above my accelerator pedal inside the cabin I have to remove the pedal and the electronic connection to it I already had to do that to a large to make larger the original hole that was there to get my 4 gauge wire through I now have a step drill then I'm going to have to make it an inch big hole to get my 1/0 wire through there with a grommet remember I'm dealing with a Fiat 500 everything is complicated and small and tight.
😙 😙 Ya man.. Thats Tight. Not much room in those vehicles. Ive ran Wiring from engine bay underneath the vehicle and ran wiring in split Loom along framing and secured without any issues in a 99 Civic SI to trunk

You know what you're exactly right that's what I thought I took the phone ring off it's an inch thick the panel still won't go back on even with the foam ring around the speaker taking off it's still not click back on which only leaves me to believe it's got to be one of those holes I plugged up it's not letting the panel close up.

I actually thought about running the wiring under the car be a heck of a lot easier. I have no problem running 4 gauge but 1/0 is a whole nother animal.

But I need to fix my door panel issues first before I move on to the wiring don't know what is keeping the panel from clicking back on.

I think I know what it is on my door panel I put a 8 in circle diameter with a 5 inch hole in the middle half inch thick Baltic Birch it's my speaker spacer.

I think when the panel goes back on it's hitting part of that speaker spacer because the way the speakers were attached originally they were short of on a bracket that looks sort of like a triangle they didn't have a full circle it only had the three mounting points and the rest of it was cut away I think that's what's happening.

I may have to pull the speaker off remove the spacer take a jigsaw and cut part of that outer circle off the spacer and put it back on and see if that's what stopping the panel from going on.

I actually thought about running the wiring under the car be a heck of a lot easier. I have no problem running 4 gauge but 1/0 is a whole nother animal.

But I need to fix my door panel issues first before I move on to the wiring don't know what is keeping the panel from clicking back on.
I cant tell in Thread #25 The Pic you have. I blew it up but get Blurry and I cant see on the other side of the speaker.Did You Put a Spacer in just before placing speaker it tact on door panel??

I think I know what it is on my door panel I put a 8 in circle diameter with a 5 inch hole in the middle half inch thick Baltic Birch it's my speaker spacer.

I think when the panel goes back on it's hitting part of that speaker spacer because the way the speakers were attached originally they were short of on a bracket that looks sort of like a triangle they didn't have a full circle it only had the three mounting points and the rest of it was cut away I think that's what's happening.

I may have to pull the speaker off remove the spacer take a jigsaw and cut part of that outer circle off the spacer and put it back on and see if that's what stopping the panel from going on.
LOL. I just was trying to View that and asked about it. LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...