what are some good ways to brace a ported box (8 cube) ????

Ok...dude...if your gonna try to dig on me....why did you buy a MAZDA and still think and post that its a MAZDA.... Thats a FORD RANGER DOOOD....and you tuned your enclosure to 40hz in a less than extended cab truck....I bet it rocks at your bumper....152.8 at the bumper...on the TL...stiff....what?
Ok...secondly....you do things for a reason. Extrapolate on your reasoning.....

Please...someone that is clear of mind....read this thread....am I the only one in here that is reading all this unclearly....after all these posts....about setting up bracing...and we have come to this?

The quote on the agreement of mine to your post....had you quoted about your post on the threaded rod...not the dowels....I do not agree with the resonant quality of the dowels in such a high power application. I was agreeing with you....and your gonna attack me for that? wow

and your post about the standing waves and or cancelling waves in the enclosure being a non issue..... Im not buying it. Are you basing that off of theory...or actually sitting inside the enclosure with a mic measuring Db ratings in the corners.???? In that large of an enclosure...you dont think you will have reflected waves from the windshield back to the back of the enclosure? Omni directional and free to bounce where they want. Having a pocket of area that isnt designed for or at least an attempt at making the area as unavailable for cancelling waves as possible....your saying would be a moot point?
a 100hz sine wave is over 10' long and the wave lengths just get longer as you go lower. The wavelengths of frequencies audible to the human ear (20 Hz–20 kHz) are between approximately 17 m and 17 mm, respectively (wiki). you would need a MUCH larger enclosure than what is typical for subwoofers in vehicles. you wont get standing waves in an enclosure smaller than a living room.

thats all good info. The fact that your basing your information off a single sine wave in theory is not correct. Your sine waves are not infinitely linear in a vehicle.... You will have stading waves, cancelling waves and reflective waves throughout the cab with different songs and different frequencies. Once again...if your basing your theory that standing waves do not exist in the enclosure or the vehicle ever...never evver...never...ever....... is that really what your saying?..

Ok...dude...if your gonna try to dig on me....why did you buy a MAZDA and still think and post that its a MAZDA.... Thats a FORD RANGER DOOOD....and you tuned your enclosure to 40hz in a less than extended cab truck....I bet it rocks at your bumper....152.8 at the bumper...on the TL...stiff....what?
What does my truck have to do with any of this? That's a totally different topic. WTF are you talking about? It would be nice if your sentences made a little bit more sense.

Ok...secondly....you do things for a reason. Extrapolate on your reasoning.....
I have been telling you why and how I use threaded rod.

The quote on the agreement of mine to your post....had you quoted about your post on the threaded rod...not the dowels....I do not agree with the resonant quality of the dowels in such a high power application. I was agreeing with you....and your gonna attack me for that? wow
I must have misunderstood you here. My bad.

thats all good info. The fact that your basing your information off a single sine wave in theory is not correct. Your sine waves are not infinitely linear in a vehicle.... You will have stading waves, cancelling waves and reflective waves throughout the cab with different songs and different frequencies. Once again...if your basing your theory that standing waves do not exist in the enclosure or the vehicle ever...never evver...never...ever....... is that really what your saying?..
we were talking about in side the enclosure not in the cab.

Enclosure ShapeWhile it is always a pretty good idea to stay away from perfect cubes, they don't necessarily have to be avoided like The Plague. Due to the very small dimensions of most mobile subwoofer enclosures, there is little chance of generating standing waves in the enclosure (standing waves cause nasty response fluctuations). For a standing wave to exist, the distance between parallel boundaries must be 1/2 the wavelength of the frequency at which the standing wave exists. Considering that sub-bass waves vary from 56.4 feet (20 Hz) to 11.28 feet (100 Hz), the generation of a standing wave is going to be impossible....after all, the enclosures we're speaking of have to fit in the average sedan or hatchback!
let me guess, still no good?

You're not an installer. What you say doesn't matter. You're wrong.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i have a small penis too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

at least that what my mother tells me.

enzyte.jpg

im actually the spokesman

Yes inside the box. I meant to say Phaze cancellation. The whole intent to use the pieces of wood in the enclosure is for bracing and making the best effort to reduce phaze cancellation. Very good Pre design to obtuse corners or ultimately the use of a cylinder as the shape of your enclosure will result in a non flex type enclosure not being affected by even amounts of air pressure spread across the enclosure walls..

but using steel rod works too.

Good catch.

Yes inside the box. I meant to say Phaze cancellation. The whole intent to use the pieces of wood in the enclosure is for bracing and making the best effort to reduce phaze cancellation. Very good Pre design to obtuse corners or ultimately the use of a cylinder as the shape of your enclosure will result in a non flex type enclosure not being affected by even amounts of air pressure spread across the enclosure walls..
but using steel rod works too.

Good catch.
Messing with corners and such doesn't always help though:)

see you just prove that the forums are full of little kids..with nothing better to do...your not really trying to help out other people with the questions they asking....your trying to prove to someone that you know what your talking about....still havent proved anything to me.....you just get all butt hurt and feel the need to retalliate....get the last word in....whatever man...post what you want.

IGNORE ME has actually proven he knows a lil somthin about a lil somthin...and I agreed with him.

Keep keepin it small p.p. dood

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.