What are the best subs the hradest hitting

• Thread starter <Burnsb7>
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 4K
&

<Burnsb7>

I had some pioneer 10's, now I have some Memphis 12's I heard Audiobahn was the best. I also heard an audiobahn in and I saw it blow the bottom out of a box when it was pushed by a punch chrome series 400watt amp. The I saw two Mtx 8000 series subs blow the window out of a car but most likely they were on a class d amp 1500 or more

Hey dude, really there is no best subs out there. All you can ask for is peoples opinions. I think Audiobahns are more ghetto bass then anything, sloppy and inaccurate, but i dont feel that they are the best. if you cop some jugs, DD, OR atomic thunders... you cant go wrong. anything high end could be set up to hit hard as hell under the right conditions. it all comes down to price vs. performace... hell juggernauts are peices of **** to somebody who likes more SQ. but for SPL could be an BASS junkies wet dream. it all comes down to preference. later

Originally posted by :Hey dude, really there is no best subs out there. All you can ask for is peoples opinions. I think Audiobahns are more ghetto bass then anything, sloppy and inaccurate, but i dont feel that they are the best. if you cop some jugs, DD, OR atomic thunders... you cant go wrong. anything high end could be set up to hit hard as hell under the right conditions. it all comes down to price vs. performace... hell juggernauts are peices of **** to somebody who likes more SQ. but for SPL could be an BASS junkies wet dream. it all comes down to preference. later
Alot of people have this idea that audiobahns are very sloppy (mostly people that have never heard them). I have them in a sealed box and they are not that sloppy at all.

However he is right, there is no best anything. Shop around and decide for youself.

Actually dude... I have heard audiobahns in a lot of different enclosures from the natural series to the titaniums to AW series installed in a variety of cars. My experiences with them, they are overrated as far as power and they are inaccurate (produceing sluggish bass). If i wanted to go with a cheap system just to have something to bang around in, i may consider autos... but IMO and for my preferences, they are just for loud ghetto bass. later

there are no best subs. its all about whats pleasing to your ear. b/c what you call loud i might call low. but very good dependable subs are DD,cerwin vega,treo,atomic shockers,eclipse,JL

and so on. just go to term pro.com and ask around you'll see what im trying to say!

I will agree with the person who said Audiobahns are pretty good subs, but I think they overrate there wattage by alot. I had one 12 running on my USA-150x and I blew the damn thing, now it was pretty accurate (I have heard better but I wouldn't say sloppy) but nothing like my JL w3....my amp was putting out prolly around 450 rms with a sub that handles 700 rms and it blew....the w3 runs it all day and night.I would say DD and Atomic Thunders top my list in hardest hitting....but there are too many to list

I've had a bad experience with Audiobahn just recently. The sub was rated at 600 watts rms and the amp is supposedly putting out 560 watts rms. It didn't get loud at all cause it distorted when I got the gain up past a quarter of a turn. The sub eventually blew a couple weeks later. Its my first attempt at building a system...I'm so disappointed.

Personally, I dont think audiobahns are at all sluggish, they are the smoothest subs I have heard in a while and they can definetly drop. If someone has heard sluggish audiobahns i think it was probably the setup and enclosure. Everyone I know is getting audiobahns at this point in time cause they just plain out are off the chain and everyone I know that already has them is completely satisfied.

I RUN 6 MTX 8000 SERIES 12" SUBS AND 3 MTX 8100D 1500 WATT AMPS FOR COMPETITION AND THEY SOUND VERY GOOD. THEY DO NOT DISTORT IN THE LEAST BIT AT EXTREME HIGH SPL AND HAVE A REALLY NICE CRISP CLEAN SOUND AND DO NOT SOUND MUDDY LIKE ALOT OF SUBS OUT THERE. I CAN ONLY SAY THIS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. EVERY ONE HAS THEIR OPENIONS THOUGH. MOST OF THEM HAVE PROBABLY ONLY EVER HAD 1 SYSTEM AND WILL TELL YOU THAT THEIRS IS THE BEST SET UP. GO TO A DEALER AND ASK HIM TO LISTEN TO SOME EQUIPMENT. THATS ABOUT ALL YOU CAN DO. BUT MY SYSTEM DID CRACK MY FIBERGLASS COVER ON MY DODGE DOKOTA. LATER DUDE.

ok, firstly- if you are running memphis; why are you even considering Audiobahn?

I will glady debate the quality differences between the two companies.

secondly, I do not like Audiobahn in the least, however- my comments about them are based on my experience and extensive reading pertaining to thier company and other peoples experiences with them as well.

Any sub/speaker can sound pristine in its proper environment, however the sun can also shine on a dog's a*s everynow and then too.

the general design and T/S parameters of the speaker will largely contribute to theoverall sound.- As with any product- some are just built better therefor have a better track record.

Care to take the track records of Memphis and Audiobahn up for a side by side?

If that isnt clear enough- lets try the track records of Audibahns Alum 12 against Eclipse's 88120.

Need I say more....

Granted, install plays the largest factor- which is why I said in its right environment any speaker can do well; however if one speaker has the advantage of better design there is a pretty clear argument over which will ultimately have the better output.

To put it another way, Take two ropes for example- both are secured to the same fixture in the exact same fashion. One rope is made of silly string, the other of chain links. Which one would you trust your life to?

Take it easy,

-zane

MASSIVE......I have 2 Massive DMX 15's on 2 Massive D 100X amps one per sub...they arent even pushin the subs completely....THe subs hold 1400 watts per....I have never heard a sub louders....Like i sadi i have 2 15's shutin down anyone that pulls up next to me.....They are in a 18 cubic foot enclosure....the only down side are the price they run about $500 per sub...and they r hard to get ur hands on...but also u could buy one sub and one amp four about $1100 and i only had one sub today and i got pulled over by a cop that said he could hear my **** from 400 yards away

The hardest hitting pair of 12inch subs(I always run a pair of twelves)that I have ever owned was two eclipse 8712's in a sealed box, this is in compairason to pioneer 303's, concept ss12's, mtx thunder 8000's, lighting audio 12's, rockford xlc's and infinity perfect twelves.

Im still on the lookout for something that sounds as good as the eclipses and doesn't need a 1000watts of power just to move the cone a little bit and doesn't cost me my soul.

I powered the 2 8700's with a pioneer PRS-X720(650watts rms or 325watts per sub)mounted in a dual 1.25cft sealed enclosure and paid 300 dollars each(canadian$)for the subs. this setup consistently peaked over 140db without any distortion or damage to the speakers.

I strongly suggest you have a look at these subs.

The hardest hitting subs that I have personally heard are th JL Audio 18W6s. These things are monsterous. But there are still all types of new subs out so you can't really say which is the best...

Hey everyone,

I just got my Solo 15" and if you want to raddle pictures off the wall then I highly reccommend these subs. They have pretty decent sound quality as well. Oh yeah did I mention I am still just breaking it in. hahahaha i can't wait to try to push this bad piece of machinery. But anyway thats my opinion. Almost anything will make noise as long as A.)you have it in a good enclosure B.)you are running enough power too it C.)And you dont **** up the install.

Peace everyone,

jared

HU-Pioneer 7300

Amp-Rockford Fosgate bd1000.1

Sub-Solo L715"

Comming Soon

Pioneer Components for all 6 speakers

Another bad ass L715" (my poor windows)ahhahaha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.