What box

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr FaceCaser

CarAudio.com Regular
So I was thinking about getting a new box bc mine *****. I was looking at the gp car audio glue and screw box or the gately box idk witch one I should go for there's a $400 difference between them. The gp box I would probably paint before I bulit it. What would you recommend?

1000006569.jpg
1000006564.jpg

the 2 sundowns want a total of 4 Cu Ft. Get this high output which will give you a 2 cu ft after woofer displacement, tuned to 35hz (those 2's have an Fsof 41 hz)

the 2 sundowns want a total of 4 Cu Ft. Get this high output which will give you a 2 cu ft after woofer displacement, tuned to 35hz (those 2's have an Fsof 41 hz)

The 2nd one I'm able to do a custom tuned and both 4 cubic feet of air space and same as the first one is tuned to 32 hz tho

The 2nd one I'm able to do a custom tuned and both 4 cubic feet of air space and same as the first one is tuned to 32 hz tho
Just going off the manufactures recommendation. Generally speaking, SPL is not real low, it's real loud and generally tuned higher, not lower. All of the boxed looked at seem to be available at 29-35hz tuning frequencies. I think that plexi view boxes are cool just not willing to fork out for one, would rather put that money into amplification or other parts of the system. Unless you model that driver in that box, likely you'll never hear the difference between 32 -35hz.

Unless you model that driver in that box, likely you'll never hear the difference between 32 -35hz.
I have to respectfully disagree with you here, but I think I know what you mean.

32 hz is a typically a great tuning for people listening to heavy bass, especially if you don't know what you want exactly. There's so many factors, and you can do it however you want to make it sound how you want, so if you know what other boxes tuned to 32 hz or 35 or 40 or 25 hz sound like, then usually it's fairly easily to get close to the sound you want with a new box like this.

I have to respectfully disagree with you here, but I think I know what you mean.

32 hz is a typically a great tuning for people listening to heavy bass, especially if you don't know what you want exactly. There's so many factors, and you can do it however you want to make it sound how you want, so if you know what other boxes tuned to 32 hz or 35 or 40 or 25 hz sound like, then usually it's fairly easily to get close to the sound you want with a new box like this.
Maybe I should clarify.

MOST people are not going to hear the difference in a 32 hz tuned box and a 35 hz tuned box. Most don't know what they are listening for. In this instance, the options are 37, 35, 33, 31 and 29 for the standard designs from GP. 35 hz is the mnfr spec (and who knows how that plays out and where modeling it might be beneficial) but it's a starting point. The difference between 32 and 33, well, good luck getting that close to either.

So while I'll always defer to the box master, Buck. (respect intended), not thinking an extra clump of cash to go from 33 to 32 is a good use of ones cash.

;)

Maybe I should clarify.

MOST people are not going to hear the difference in a 32 hz tuned box and a 35 hz tuned box. Most don't know what they are listening for. In this instance, the options are 37, 35, 33, 31 and 29 for the standard designs from GP. 35 hz is the mnfr spec (and who knows how that plays out and where modeling it might be beneficial) but it's a starting point. The difference between 32 and 33, well, good luck getting that close to either.

So while I'll always defer to the box master, Buck. (respect intended), not thinking an extra clump of cash to go from 33 to 32 is a good use of ones cash.

;)
Yes haha ok that's what I thought you meant. Idk if I'm a master just designed a lot, definitely not officially trained or anything lol, but thanks.

I've seen your designs in hear (pun intended), nobody comes close!
Also idk right now my box is tuned to about 28 hz +/- but the place I got it doesn't like me bc they fucked up when I first got it installed so they gave me a shitty box anytime I drill screws into it it strips automatically so I'm trying to find a box that I can fit in my car. The max length is like 37" width, 19" Height, and like 22" in depth maybe a little more but I want the box to have the subs facing the trunk and not up like they are now.

I did specifically do that and would l, but I'm sick. Best I can do is advise like I do now.
If I was to get a glue and screw it box and each sub calls for 2 cubic feet of air space should I get a box that has 4 cubic feet or should I go for 5?

Should I do double baffle and a flush mount?

What material is best for a box I was going to use a Russian birch wood?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...