What gauge wire should I use?

I just picked up this kicker amp for $30 off a friend and was gonna pair it up to sub I picked up on the cheap a few months ago. I was looking for a recommendation on what gauge wire to use, and a link to one on Amazon if possible. Thanks!
acb32df02f51052ebee8f8067ff736c8.jpg
3d509fcfcffc76e8c5ceed5d2326368b.jpg
5007618e484d7bdeace34d9734b556e0.jpg

8 gauge would suffice but I'm a big believer in going overboard on electrical in preparation for the future. Unless it's cost prohibitive I'd run an 1/0 awg wire to a distribution block and then 8 awg to the amp. That way when you decide you want a 1000+ watt amp you'll already have the wire in place.

8 gauge would suffice but I'm a big believer in going overboard on electrical in preparation for the future. Unless it's cost prohibitive I'd run an 1/0 awg wire to a distribution block and then 8 awg to the amp. That way when you decide you want a 1000+ watt amp you'll already have the wire in place.
yes and no. i always start with 1/0 but that's because i know i need it but for someone that is never going to need it the cost and added labor is unneccesary. the OP may never need it. for that amp, 8ga OFC is more than enough and he can even upgrade so long as he definitely uses OFC wire. 4ga would be the happy medium as far as prepping for upgrades goes. the 6000 series stinger 4ga sets i sell are rated for up to 175a.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.