1 PPI 900.4

1 Pioneer 9604

2 SSA Evil 6.5

2 Creacendo PWX 6.5

2 Crescendo FT1 Super Tweets

1 Power Bastards 250amp alt

1 Odysseus Extreme 750CCA

1 Soundquest 2000 in rear

8.85Cu ft Box tuned to 33hz subs up port up (Papermakers design)

Should I scrap everything and get bigger and better subs/amps? Should I make my first wall with 6/8 FU audio 12's and 2 more 1600.1's? The only requirement is keeping the rear seats useable. I'd like to do something that isn't completely ridiculous and won't kill the bank. I'm looking to make the transition from beginner audio to something a bit more advanced. I can take out the side panels and move the amps to the back of the next box/wall to make more space.

any thoughts or ideas is greatly appreciated.

32a5d4a1c1c36bb2bf69163a7f859f3b.jpg
b5335ffedceb482c275af50990ed0b19.jpg
46a2f83c7a6ab2901c76024cab8e0647.jpg
961bb93599ccb788e9d96504b29d6918.jpg
fbe16bd597b5b414c9471f06da923f2f.jpg
3a4fb904b4aeb504e5f8cdf281730c86.jpg
6853095773647fe148de11b1c761d9be.png

I'll bet it IS fun to demo for folks tho...
It's great, it's the loudest set up i've ever heard and its nice seeing people's reactions to it. I'm at the point where I can let a plastic bag float in my driver window, I'm looking to make a towel float on its own. Right now i'm thinking about a wall with plexiglass on the sides and back window to still allow light and use of them. Maybe with the subs inverted. Just toying around ideas for now, so I can save up over the next year or so and do it next summer.

Popwarhomie knows that brand.

I might add...don't like the looks of that enclosure. Papermaker designed that box should be shot. A lot of SUV's have a proven record of subs sounding better with them facing up, port back. That box is missing a 3/4" pieces on top of port and bottom. Looks to be too tall, almost touching the ceiling...it's gonna hurt your SPL.

It's great, it's the loudest set up i've ever heard and its nice seeing people's reactions to it. I'm at the point where I can let a plastic bag float in my driver window, I'm looking to make a towel float on its own. Right now i'm thinking about a wall with plexiglass on the sides and back window to still allow light and use of them. Maybe with the subs inverted. Just toying around ideas for now, so I can save up over the next year or so and do it next summer.
Nah... I'd just add power if it was mine... a pair of 2600's probably would be a good match... Popwarhomie is the guy to listen to here not me... I'm only sayin' what I'd do... Electrical fo'so' with an amp upgrade...

any suggestions? more amps or a more stout electrical? both? amps are cutting out occasionally on specific songs.
This could be because the gain set too high, not enough electrical or possibly bad grounds.

This could be because the gain set too high, not enough electrical or possibly bad grounds.
grounds are perfect each amp has its own to bare metal bolted to the body. Have the big 4 up front. I had an audio shop tune my system, so i'm not sure what they have the gains set to.

grounds are perfect each amp has its own to bare metal bolted to the body. Have the big 4 up front. I had an audio shop tune my system, so i'm not sure what they have the gains set to.
That could be good or bad. Take a pic of the gains on the amps if you can. Or see approx where they're dial at....like a clock.

That could be good or bad. Take a pic of the gains on the amps if you can. Or see approx where they're dial at....like a clock.
looks like they're a little below half
c8fcdd4325f6d326133aac024486c5f7.jpg

Heres a better pic of how the box sits, it lines up with my 37" spare on the back so its not too bad as far as visibility goes its already terrible.
3a7e82ac2a0eec25fa89ba74a94689ae.jpg

any suggestions? more amps or a more stout electrical? both? amps are cutting out occasionally on specific songs.
Bigger amp/amps. Not sure what your voltage drop is now but with more power will will most likely need another good battery or two.

Bigger amp/amps. Not sure what your voltage drop is now but with more power will will most likely need another good battery or two.
What are your thoughts on the FSD amps? Any suggestions as far as the rms capabilities of the FU audios? I was thinking a second battery up front and one or two bigger ones in the back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.