what should I do with my truck?

did you crawl under the truck and have a look for your self ?

if your engine is BURNING the oil - then yes its done.

but if its just leaking

it could be from a fiew problem areas - like the front and rear main seal would be terrible

did you crawl under there with a wrench and try and tighten up all the bolts holding on the oil pan and **** ?

check around for other areas leaking out oil... maby its something stupid like a oil preassure sensor that is leaking like a std

or maby the motor is done... investigate

I had a mechanic and a person to look at it. Both of them said the bottom end was toast. Dunno how much it would cost to redo the whole bottom end. Doesn't burn oil.

Hmmm. A leak does not signify the bottom end being "toast" at all. A leak is a leak. If you threw a rod through the pan and it was leaking that would be a different story. Get under there and see where it is leaking from. Most likely the rear main. You can just keep re adding oil....

the oil drips right onto the front cross member. like not on the back of the engine in the middle. And you hear it knock when running. Sounds like it's gonna blow up if you give it some gas.

u can easily find an engine, harness and trans, say an ls1 and replace it all.

usually junk yards have good deals, and craigslist has even better ones if u can find them.

not when your in Northern BC where there is nothing good to be found lol. Not by any big cities. Like my city is almost by alaska.

I agree........4.3s are not great engines for trucks

but for the dollar Id dump the whole truck , its too old

to put money into it...or seal it up yourself....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.