What should i get?

Methods

Ohio
Im looking to get one sub, preferably 10 inches and an amp installed. I work at best buy so i get discounts and my price range is around $450 for everything before discounts. Any ideas what to get? Ive never had a sub or amp in my car so this is all new to me. Im keeping the stock radio in my 2003 acura tl and id like to keep the stock bose sub going with the new sub too.

Im looking to get one sub, preferably 10 inches and an amp installed. I work at best buy so i get discounts and my price range is around $450 for everything before discounts. Any ideas what to get? Ive never had a sub or amp in my car so this is all new to me. Im keeping the stock radio in my 2003 acura tl and id like to keep the stock bose sub going with the new sub too.
If you're gonna get a new sub, you should just disconnect the stock bose sub. It's pointless and it might interfere with the sub stage. What brands do best buy carry these days? Maybe a 10" Alpine type X with a 1000w rms amp. Get a custom ported box made if possible for best results. Honestly though, there's some good deals online that you can catch on black friday. SSA, Soundqubed, Ficaraudio would be a good place to start looking.

we have kicker, alpine, kenwood, pioneer. Id like to buy from best buy just because of the discount and installing is really cheap as well.

we have kicker, alpine, kenwood, pioneer. Id like to buy from best buy just because of the discount and installing is really cheap as well.
Unless you get 50% off The discount you get probably equals what something cost buying it online or somewhere else

i was looking at the type r but i also can get the kicker compr 10 with my discount for half the price of the alpine type r with my discount

well that takes about half my budget, any idea's on a decent amp that isnt too expensive
thats if you buy from best buy.

IF you buy online.

Alpine type R 10"- $130 on amazon

Soundqubed Q1200-$200 on black friday

4 Gauge ofc Amp wiring kit from KnuKonceptz- $64

leaves you with $56 for a box. if you have a home depot around you thats enough for a big piece of MDF and glue/screws to build it yourself. you can get a free box plan online and just have home depot cut it for you and glue/screw yourself.

Stop and think about the warranty, or lack thereof, before you give one moment of thought to buying the same product online that you can get from your employer. Yeah, car audio stuff is all over the Internet for dealer cost. It doesn't mean you must go after it to save a buck. I'm just baffled by the suggestion that you price shop against your employer. Is there no common sense?

Methods, have you discussed this with your boss? How long have you worked for Best Buy?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.