What should i look for in a remote starter?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Range is usually a factor. So is reliability. I also happen to like two way as well but on a r/s only I wouldnt see that as a huge deal.

I would stick to something from a reputable shop and you shouldnt have any problems.

i usually seggest a rem.start/ keyless so that you dont have to key fab's on ur key chain..

range.

allso look into DEI product's like

Python, Clifford, Viper, Avistart, ect.

then depending on the car you need a rem.start bypass..

to get the car to start without the key in the ignition.

viper 160xv or valet 562t. i install alot of those. avital too. i just hate the wiring on them.

hate the wiring on which? I put tons of 160xvs, 561r's and Avital 4000xl's in. The 561r's seem to come back more with range issues than the Avital, even though they're basically the same.

the avitals. the wiring is basiclly the same but different colors. i will pound out like 30 "normal" units then an avital is thrown in there and it slows me way down. i prefer to do the 562t's because of the 2 remotes.

Range is usually a factor. So is reliability. I also happen to like two way as well but on a r/s only I wouldnt see that as a huge deal.
I would stick to something from a reputable shop and you shouldnt have any problems.
I think 2 way is important since I want to know if it started.

I havent had "too.." many problems with my Compustar.

In checking aroudn though...I cant believe the pricing. Its as much for remote start as it is for a full alarm system....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.