What size amplifier should I get for my subs??

xoAFTERLIFEox

DE
I am about to get 2 12" DVC 2 OHM Cerwin-Vega VMAX 122

RMS: 500W EACH

MAX: 1000W Each

I am looking for a 2 Channel Amp but am open to any suggestions.

I want each speaker to be properly powered so 500 RMS each and 1000 Max Each

I am not worried about what OHM they have to be wired at, I just want them to hit hard!

So how much power should my AMP have and what Kinds/Brands should i buy?

P.S. I am sort of new to setting up Subwoofers so any and all help is greatly appreciated!

I am about to get 2 12" DVC 2 OHM Cerwin-Vega VMAX 122RMS: 500W EACH

I am not worried about what OHM they have to be wired at, I just want them to hit hard!

P.S. I am sort of new to setting up Subwoofers so any and all help is greatly appreciated!
you should be worried about what ohm they can be wired too, personally i would get the dvc 4 ohm versions and a 1 ohm stable monoblock. sounds like you need to read up some more

you should be worried about what ohm they can be wired too, personally i would get the dvc 4 ohm versions and a 1 ohm stable monoblock. sounds like you need to read up some more
I agree with this guy^^^. Make sure you get an amp stable at 1 ohm and the DVC 4 ohm subs.

Forgot to add I agree with the dual 4 ohm if you plan to run 2 subs and a monoblock vice a 2-channel. Dual 2 is more for people who are looking at single sub solutions and are connecting to a 2 or 4-channel amp since they can be wired at 4 ohms (which most amps do just fine bridged...2 ohms not so much).

Could someone post a link to Cerwin-Vega VMAX 122 Dual 4 Ohm, I can only find the dual 2 ohm online!

Also thanks for the suggestions but i am terrible at finding amps to fit specifications online, so could someone post a link for that too??

i have already been on sonic electronics and the dual 4 ohm is disscontinued

also i am pretty set on these particular subwoofers because i have found them for a great deal so i am really just looking for the correct amp

Last edited by a moderator:
I am about to get 2 12" DVC 2 OHM Cerwin-Vega VMAX 122RMS: 500W EACH

Here you go //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif:

Cerwin Vega V-Max124 Component Car Subwoofers at Onlinecarstereo.com

if you get the d2, they can be wired for a final load of 2ohms. you will need an amp that does at least 1000 watts at 2ohms, check the classifieds on hear, and depending on your budget you should be able to find what you need. some on here will bash kicker, but sonic has a great selection of kicker mono amps that produce better than rated at 2ohms, also check audiosavings.com.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.