What the hell? Shipping an Eclipse head Unit instantly voids warranty?

That guys a douchebag man... should have told him to f off and get money somwhere other than your wallet... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i believe eclipse forbids any online sales so therfore if it's shipped to you, it's considered an online sale therfore your warranty is void.

isn't cartoys an authorized reseller? they're online...

EDIT> I just looked. It says store pickup only on eclipse items.

yea that is true....if a authorized dealer installed your head unit, they give u 3 years warranty. The only way you can get warranty from eclipse is if you have the receipt of the product and if they were a authorized dealer.

If that is true, what will be the warranty status of Eclipse units sold by Crutchfield??? A receipt from an authorised dealer should get you the one year warranty. I would call Monday to be sure.

the guy got pissy with you because you weren't going to buy from him...he can get over it, but lack of professionalism on his part will cost him more i the future because you're telling others about it...

who is it and where is he located so we don't help his profits anymore?

Because i want to know 100%, if they tell me its still under warranty, but its actually not, how would i know that?
You act like this should surprise us. MANY brands do not allow their retail stores to ship product. You do not understand how dealer contracts work. If you called a Pioneer Premier shop and ask them to ship a deck to you. I bet they would say no because it would be against their dealer agreement.

That said, I "believe" Eclipse may allow it on old stock which is what you are interested in purchasing.

I don't understand what you expect from this thread. You doubt the shop, BUT you will believe anonymous people on a car audio forum if they tell you something different?

Here is what you should do if you want to know for sure:

Call Eclipse tomorrow at 800-233-2216 and ask them. Make sure to tell them it is old stock since that MIGHT make a difference. If it makes you feel better, get the name of the person who gives you the information so when you talk to that particular shop, you will have specifics to give them.

This is what I was told man. I started questioning the guy, saying thats aburd that having an Authorized store mail it to you voids the warranty, and he started getting very rude with me, so that is when i ended the conversation. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif I have to wait until Monday to call eclipse, i was just hoping someone could chime in before then.
You may find it absurd, but it is that way for nearly every manufacturer. SOME companies authorize at 2 different levels, retail outlets and online sales.

Companies do this to protect territories for their dealers. If some shop is authorized and doing everything they are supposed to, they certainly don't want to have to worry about some other shop mail ordering the same product all over the country, etc. Eclipse may, at some point, authorize online sales but it will be their choice.

HIM: your getting a receipt from them?MEW (2:24:52 AM): yes

HIM(2:25:02 AM): and theyre filling out the ESN card saying they installed it?

ME(2:25:12 AM): nah

ME(2:25:21 AM): what i meant was will i get any warranty at all with it?

HIM(2:25:28 AM): tell ya want, if you want it, and feel safe with it, then go for it

ME(2:25:33 AM): i know if you buy it you get a 1 year, if installed by a dealer its 3 year

HIM(2:25:39 AM): I just told you NO

ME(2:25:54 AM): wow thats harsh

HIM(2:26:13 AM): what is??

ME(2:26:23 AM): that they void the warranty if a store ships it to you

HIM(2:26:48 AM): tell ya what, call Eclipse and ask them. Apparently you dont feel my answers are sufficent

HIM(2:27:05 AM): plain and simple... NO ONLINE?MAIL ORDER SALES

HIM(2:27:13 AM): ? = /

Seriously, who talks to someone like that whom they have never spoke with before?
Please don't take this the wrong way, but given your posts recently, it does seem like you really don't believe anything anybody tells you anyway. You should just go to the source(ECLIPSE) as I recommended a few minutes ago.

Asking for confirmation on here when you obviously don't believe that eclipse dealer makes no sense. I mean, if we all told you NO, would you believe us over the Eclipse dealer? If we all told you yes, would you believe us? How would you know for sure?

Ok this thread has run its course. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Can a mod delete it for me?

Well, just spoke to Eclipse and they verified that I will recieve the 1 year warranty as long as i purchase the HU from an authorized dealer, doesn't matter if I physically pick it up, or have it mailed to me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif A big F U to that dealer who flipped out at me over Aim, and didn't even have the right information! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Well, just spoke to Eclipse and they verified that I will recieve the 1 year warranty as long as i purchase the HU from an authorized dealer, doesn't matter if I physically pick it up, or have it mailed to me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif A big F U to that dealer who flipped out at me over Aim, and didn't even have the right information! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Good to hear. I am sure it being old stock helps you. Eclipse does not(and never has, afaik) allowed their dealers to ship new items('05 decks, etc). I would STILL have an authorized dealer install it to bump the warranty to 3 years.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.