What to do with a '93 Explorer XLT?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BonusBobo
10+ year member

Lightweight Sesh
It's got a 4.0L V6 engine, somewhere around 200 hp I believe. EVERYTHING is stock. What can I do to engine/interior/exterior? A few concerns: 1)my leather seats are cracked and shitty 2) my dad pays for maintenance, so I won't buy engine mods that will cause my car any other problems and 3) pherdunkadunkdunk

Engine - Performance wise...K&N Filter, Airaid Intake, Poweaid Throttle Body Spacer, Supercharger, Headers/Exhaust...etc...For looks - Chrome dress up kit:)

Exterior - Shaved door handles, billet grille, new rims/tires - 20's or bigger. Suspension - 2/4" drop, airbags...lay frame baby!

Interior - Billet steering wheel, new seats(Katzkin Leather!!), billet door sills, billet steering wheel, billet rear view mirrior...etc.

There is a lot you can do to an Explorer.

- Steve

Well if ya dont know how to install anything, be prepared to fork out a lot of cash for labour lol. Glad I have the skills, tools, and a workplace to do all of my custom's.

Katzkin leather is very expensive. A company that specializes in leather seating. It's very cool stuff...I personally like it.

- Steve

I like that katzkin idea. I looked online and that **** looks amazing. maybe another year or two down the road I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Yeah it is great stuff. There really isnt anything off the top of my head that compares to it. Not yet anyway.

- Steve

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif what u gonna spend fixing up tha xplorer,put it for a down payment for a new GM TRUCK

thats gonna be about 50% of the sticker price and just add a set of nice chrome rims and youll be rolling:furious:

Ever think that maybe he just wants to keep his current vehicle?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

- Steve

yeah, I happen to like Explorers and think Blazers and GM equivalents are ugly. Of course, I'm not bashing, only stating my opinion. But thank you for your suggestion. (?)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BonusBobo

10+ year member
Lightweight Sesh
BonusBobo
San Luis Obispo, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date