• level 5 12s and add power

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Wall 2 18s

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I would like to use my current amp... Goal is to be as loud on music possible and move air. Meter friendly daily setup.

4-10s. Name the 10s you would use

2 JL 13W7s wired at 1.5 ohm

2 DC level 5 12s and add 2500 watts.

Wall my XLs as 18s.

Wall seems like a easy answer but if it don't work out that's a lot wasted and you can't just change the box to try something else.

Personally I like the 10" idea. I think it would net very nice result.

But a wall is an amazing thing. lol
I have a builder lined up and I don't think he will do it wrong. If I would of known his a long time ago it would of already been done

I have a builder lined up and I don't think he will do it wrong. If I would of known his a long time ago it would of already been done
having a builder is always good to have.

I still say the 10's, but I'm very partial to walls.

having a builder is always good to have.
I still say the 10's, but I'm very partial to walls.
Have you seen any of David Bergers builds? When he told me the price I almost cried. I've spent more on boxes over the last few years

Have you seen any of David Bergers builds? When he told me the price I almost cried. I've spent more on boxes over the last few years
I'm not sure to be honest. The name rings a bell, but I'm old so my memory fads lol

I would like to use my current amp... Goal is to be as loud on music possible and move air. Meter friendly daily setup. 4-10s. Name the 10s you would use

2 JL 13W7s wired at 1.5 ohm

Wall my XLs as 18s.

Wall seems like a easy answer but if it don't work out that's a lot wasted and you can't just change the box to try something else.
OP, i loved my w7s, loved them.. but i moved on to bigger things, got some level 4s and forgot about the dub 7s, just not worth your time, even if you get the cheap. your still fucked if you blow them.

i like these two ideas

Wall my XLs as 18s

Level 5s would be super loud and nasty..

but then again, a walled TC, would be fuuuckin sick

He has a bagged Xtreme right?
yes

in responce to the title of the thread any info i got on the next best sub. i would run it threw this formula and calculate spl to see if they are correct. just remeber for every double in power from 1 watt at 1 metter away you will gain 3 db's so if the sub started from the formula at 100db's at 1watt. the next number will be 103 at 2 watts and 106 at 4 watts and then 109 at8 watts and so on till you hit 1000-2000 or more watts. any ways here is the fomula for spl if you got troble with doing the math i can help out.

splformula001.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied