What ya think? For an obsidian 15 D2 on an apsm 1300

the 45 on the inside corner of the port helps alot on dbs but the outside 45 reduces dbs.
Not always though. It is an open debate at least. I have seen it help...hurt...and do nothing what so ever. lol

I still think a double wall is a waste of money and wood. Looks like a good design, and I'm sure Ryan did a great job. I'm not going to ask the specs, as it is not my place to question his work. Just like the doubled layer MDF. That was him doing what you wanted.

Nate, theres a way to make 45's with just a circular saw, cutting I think a 2x4 in half on an angle (some saws can angle their blades) my grandpa showed me in Texas this last christmas.

Nice box....I might have to steal the design for my OA 15 if I decide to keep it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yeah I have a circular saw that does that. My space is 26 wide by 39 deep by 16.5. The double wall might not be necisary but I have the extra wood for it so I might as well. So pro rabbit, do u recommended the 45 on the outside? And are u referring to the 45 at the back of the port? Thanks for all the input. This is my first box build by myself so cut me some slack, but still share your knowledge.

Personally the 45's are a waste in a daily box IMO. Its a gamble as to weather it will even gain. I personally have 6 15's right now and have been playing with 1 in a sealed box. It sounds AMAZING! Incredible lows with great output throughout the spectrum. These drivers can go either way ported or sealed and still sound great.

If I was you I would ditch the 45's and just build the box as it is. I think it will sound just fine and you won't notice not having the 45's in there at all.

Not always though. It is an open debate at least. I have seen it help...hurt...and do nothing what so ever. lol
I still think a double wall is a waste of money and wood. Looks like a good design, and I'm sure Ryan did a great job. I'm not going to ask the specs, as it is not my place to question his work. Just like the doubled layer MDF. That was him doing what you wanted.
My perspective is the least restrictive air flow. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I agree with you on that one.

At the minimum I would round the port edges and do the 45 in the part part of the port. Try to make it as close to what Ryan suggested as possible. It will make a difference.

i can do the 45's if i do it in multiple pieces then push them together. like i can't cut a piece that is 15 inches long at a 45. but i could cut 3 5 inch pieces at 45 then put them side by side. Does this make sense? and will this work? if i need to i can glass over them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.