Where do you guys buy your wire?

speakerdude123
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
WA
Looking to upgrade my wiring, currently have cheap wiring kit with the really thin inner wires (*****).

I remember reading on here some time ago about someone who gets there wire from a welding supply place but can't seem to remember where....They sell it by the foot and its pretty cheap ~1.00 per foot or something like that for 2 or 4 gauge wire.

Anyone got any recommendations?

That was it!

Does the diameter of the strands matter? Like I said my current wire has very very small strands and they are so tiny they flake off and brake when I strip the wire and such...makes a mess. I see the welding wire has much thicker strands, and it looks like it would hold up better and be easier to work with?

knu is a good source, any of these brands if you can find the cheapest deal you can not go wrong, Tsunami, streetwires, stinger, shok industries, pure ofc and not cheated with the gauge size. Power wire always 7 sets of strands.

Close Out - IXOS 0 Gauge Power Kit

Retail Price: $149.99 Sale Price: $84.99

KnuKonceptz brings you another Close Out Special on IXOS Brand products. Available for a limited time are these IXOS 0 Gauge Power Kits which feature 4655 Strands of Oxygen Free Copper. The IXOS GT series uses tinned PC-OFC throughout and has a soft ultra flex PVC jacket. Quantity is limited, offer valid while supplies last. Kits are bulk packed (no retail packing).

Knukonceptz product detail for CLOSE OUT - IXOS 0 GAUGE POWER KIT

KnuKonceptz brings you another Close Out Special on IXOS Brand products. Available for a limited time are these IXOS 0 Gauge Power Kits which feature 4655 Strands of Oxygen Free Copper. The IXOS GT series uses tinned PC-OFC throughout and has a soft ultra flex PVC jacket. Quantity is limited, offer valid while supplies last. Kits are bulk packed (no retail packing).

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/youreawesome.gif.a27e190c662afa8e2be5686b27bd1659.gif

That's actually a very good deal. How much is shipping?

That's actually a very good deal. How much is shipping?
Yes it is a great deal, and shipping is probably between $5-$10. However, note that it does not include remote wire, RCA, or speaker wires. I've done the math, and if you need that stuff, AudioTechnix is a better deal. If you don't need that stuff though, and just need new power wire and fuse and ring terminals, this is the best deal by far!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.