Where to put subs? where would u?

If you put the sub firing back and a little behind the seat it will fit with out any issues.
ah i see what u mean now. so i would still have to remove the console for box volume. thanks ill have to check it out and see if i can fit a 10 or 12.

Plenty of room in the back, I would just sacrifice the middle of the rear seat and either build a small enclosure on the floor (thus dividing the floor space and leaving the seat untouched) or you could ditch the center part all together and build a larger enclosure using the floor and seat space.
ya right behind the console, i drew up a box plan to take up as much floor as i could and leave the seats by the doors to fit adults and have leg room. problem is mounting the sub. its not wide enough at any point to mount a sub, so i would have to go up and somehow flare it out, and with pure mdf idk if i can.

cant ditch the center part, its a 60/40 bench seat, u either remove 60% of it, or 40% of it. cant remove the center unless i cut the seat and sew up where i cut to leave the side seats. if i never intended to sell the truck i would do it, but no idea if ill keep it.

Screw just do what I did and fill up the back seat.... Or lift up the 40 seat abd but a box there so then you still have the 60 for 2 people
currently have the subs sitting on the back seat, they fly around when i go around a corner lol. which is why im wanting to fix it.

i did remove the 40% bench seat and i had a fi 15 ssd and tried a dc lvl 3 15, worked great i got to have the subs i wanted, but looked funny and i dont think 2 adults could sit back there with the little middle seat

currently have the subs sitting on the back seat, they fly around when i go around a corner lol. which is why im wanting to fix it.

i did remove the 40% bench seat and i had a fi 15 ssd and tried a dc lvl 3 15, worked great i got to have the subs i wanted, but looked funny and i dont think 2 adults could sit back there with the little middle seat
O ok... I am realy pissed at my self since I didnt realise my 40 laid flat until I got my box already built to be in the seat

Well I didnt realise my 40 seat woudl fold all the way down so it was perfectly level until I was going to put in my box that was designed to go all the way across the seat... If I would have know that I would have had it dseigned to fit in that space instead of taking up the whole back seat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Would it be possible to fiberglass new rear door panels and fit in an 8" in each door?
ive never tried fiberglassing.

im going for SQ, but i still have a level of output i want. not sure if say two image dynamics id8s would be enough for me. if they are i would probably be better off doing the console build so i dont have to fiberglass. im sure like sa-8s off 1200 watts would be great, but they arent SQ, not saying they will sound bad, but wont sound better than current setup

ive never tried fiberglassing.
im going for SQ, but i still have a level of output i want. not sure if say two image dynamics id8s would be enough for me. if they are i would probably be better off doing the console build so i dont have to fiberglass. im sure like sa-8s off 1200 watts would be great, but they arent SQ, not saying they will sound bad, but wont sound better than current setup
I just figured I throw it out there. I agree that fiberglassing door panels would be way too much work for what it's worth.

that would be sweet tho, stealth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

wouldnt know it till u hear them lol

img00044p.jpg

img00043q.jpg

img00042ba.jpg

img00041p.jpg

img00040j.jpg

Can you wedge a shallow 10 in a glassed enclosure in the upper part of the passenger footwell area? Like have it firing downwards at the passenger's ankles?
If not, really big kick panel enclosure?
This is exactly what I did in my car, so you should have no problems. If you are more worried about footroom, which you shouldn't have too, you can always ease your mind with a 8" driver in place of the 10"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.