Why does my HU skip ONLY at high volume?

Jakeeck
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Eutopia
It's really annoying and I can't seem to figure out why it's doing it.. its not the cd's because ive tried a lot of them and when i turn the volume back down its perfectly fine..

any ideas?

its a kenwood excelon 693

It's probably the shock mechanism. Maybe you're shaking it too hard for it to stay linear. This causes laser skew and errors that the error correction cannot correct. It's time to either turn it down for SQ on your cds or go with a usb HU.

My bass isnt very loud i have one 15" IA LI

HU is braced as good as it can be..

also it does have a USB for my ipod but i never use it because the music and bass is lower quality.. is there a way to make it just as good as cds?

My bass isnt very loud i have one 15" IA LI
HU is braced as good as it can be..

also it does have a USB for my ipod but i never use it because the music and bass is lower quality.. is there a way to make it just as good as cds?
No I don't think mp3's will ever be nearly as good as cd quality BUT it won't skip at those higher volumes. You're not getting sound quality if it's loud enough to skip the cd player anyways so I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure they are all higher than 160. 192 and 320 are what I use and only the most discerning audiophiles will notice.

try grounding ur cd player to the chasis. my cd player used to do that crap even wit just a tiny tad bit of bass. i grounded it to the chasis and worked WAYYYY better. ites wierd?

try grounding ur cd player to the chasis. my cd player used to do that crap even wit just a tiny tad bit of bass. i grounded it to the chasis and worked WAYYYY better. ites wierd?
grounding should have nothing to do with skipping.

you also could be pushing your deck into clipping, but i dont think that would cause it to skip and i dont know of a deck that has a clipping protection

i used to have a shitty eclipse deck and that one worked PERFECT.. never a single skip.. now i upgrade and i get a POS that skips at high volumes.. so depressing

28/40 is the max volume i put it at.. it starts to skip around 25-26..

especially during low bass

for your ipod try look formating the music files a diff way they have come a long way there are ways of loading them that you still have the full range of tones or so people claim i am bout to look into that myself

for your ipod try look formating the music files a diff way they have come a long way there are ways of loading them that you still have the full range of tones or so people claim i am bout to look into that myself
let me know if u find a way to make it like cd quality.. cuz in my car it sounds better than the radio but worse than cds

thats with usb

grounding should have nothing to do with skipping.
you also could be pushing your deck into clipping, but i dont think that would cause it to skip and i dont know of a deck that has a clipping protection
not sure exactly what my problem was but adding that ground fixed my problem.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.