why does my W7 say JL on cone instead of W7?

obidon
10+ year member

I picked up a JL Audio 12W7-3 yesterday and usually when I see W6's and W7's they say W6 or W7 on the bottom of the cone but this one has the JL logo where the W7 should be. it's really weird and I can't find any like it online.

if you google "JL Audio Fathom", that is what it looks like but near the terminals on the sub it says it's a w7 so I'm confused lol

if you can answer this, please do. it's probably a stupid question but I'm very curious

heres a pic

69orp4.jpg

well the thing that throws me off is the basket is badged as a 12W7-3. maybe it's a really old one? i'm just very curious

he is correct the newer jl w3 w6 and w7s have just the jl logo
I know, I was implying that he knows what he is talking about. 6 posts since 09 means that he lurks a lot so I would think that he does a lot of research. Plus his name is all about JL so I would assume he knows what he is talking about. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

well thats a easy one! where did you buy it?? was it new? because when you blow or damage a w7 and send it to jl in florida jl rebuilds it with the jl badge not a w7 badge! its just as good but its a refurb thats for sure! it cost about 300 bucks if i remember correctly, find a broke w7 online or on cl and get a new rebuilt one for cheaper!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...