why does my W7 say JL on cone instead of W7?

well thats a easy one! where did you buy it?? was it new? because when you blow or damage a w7 and send it to jl in florida jl rebuilds it with the jl badge not a w7 badge! its just as good but its a refurb thats for sure! it cost about 300 bucks if i remember correctly, find a broke w7 online or on cl and get a new rebuilt one for cheaper!

Jesus christ, 300$ for a recone?

resurrecting a thread here but I just found the same JL tag on mine and thought the dude gave me a fake, he showed me the emails and stuff and it was just reconed
Hopefully it last. i steer away from Reconed subs that individuals do or have. They may not have been done correctly or the correct materials used for that particular sub. Thats me though. If its done by a well known sub house and I sent it there myself. Id do it if it were something Id do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Speaker ratings are generally a thermal/mechanical limitation of the drivers. Music is dynamic, not continuous. During quiet periods a song, you...
Thanks everyone for the replies! Like I said in my first post I’m not wanting to be loud, I just would like to have a little extra bass.. I like...
It's always leaned that direction. Not sure how cheap you can really get anything done these days. Deadening and custom mounting...
You're not going to know until you test with a meter. Typically even carpeting a box as opposed to painting is going to lose a few tenths.
These are decent budget subs. The box design isn’t bad at 5 cubes for these, but I’d drop it down just a little and raise port tuning up to 32...

About this thread

obidon

10+ year member
obidon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
audiobaun