Why Dont New Rockford Amp's Sell?

generally speaking for you pure car audio enthusiast anything that can be purchased at best buy or another major chain like that is usually crap and overpriced. not saying they are, that just seems to be the consensus.
and like myself, alot of us like to have things that most people have never heard of. i like naming a bunch of brands that are in my car, people look at me like im crazy, and then bam it sounds better than anything they ever had and cost 1/3 of what they paid.
So you buy your equipment just so you can come off as an asshat to your friends? That makes sense //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Idk where you guys come off calling RF amps overpriced crap

I think they make great amps, always underrated, and can be found for very good rates new & refurb.

I have seen a T1k that was 1968 RMS @ 1 ohm.

Thats twice as powerful as it's supposed to be.

Imagine getting a SAZ-3500 that did 7000 RMS @ 1 ohm.

I bet you'd **** bricks.

Not only that, but RF designs all their amps in their own labs here on US soil.

Cus there quality went down hill when they stopped building in tempe and went overseas.
Not true. I have a T1000-1BD made in Thailand. I opened it up looked inside at the components, mosfets, etc and it looks exactly the same as my T600-2, T400-4 and T400-2 which were the last runs made in Tempe, AR. Unless you actually own their amps and have used them its hard to actually speak about them. Hearsay from other people isn't enough.

Because power is power, and why would someone pay more for an amp that does the same power with the same reliability?
It just comes down to what people like. That's all. Some people like Sundown, Atomic, RF, Orion, JL Audio or whatever. Regardless of how expensive it is some people have preferences for certain brands. As long as a person works hard for their money they can spend it any way they choose.

For the quality the Punch and Power series , if I remember they weren't that much more than similar amplifiers, as far as dealer cost goes , but it's a fosgate so you got to jack them right

The P an T series =soild

RF ( Prime ) series = junk

I have seen a T1k that was 1968 RMS @ 1 ohm.

Thats twice as powerful as it's supposed to be.

Imagine getting a SAZ-3500 that did 7000 RMS @ 1 ohm.

I bet you'd **** bricks.
lolz, so your admitting you fell for the "lets rate them lower power when they actually do more" marketing scam? awesome!

call it a 1000. price it as a 2000. come up a bit short at 1968 and nobody complains. They actually think they get more than they paid for. genius.
you guys complain about prices, because of other options avalaible to you with korean boards for cheap. Frankly for as high and stuck up as RF has become, their pricing on amps is still fairly appropriate.

call it a 1000. price it as a 2000. come up a bit short at 1968 and nobody complains. They actually think they get more than they paid for. genius.
Alot of amp companies do this. It makes the buyer fell all warm inside thinking their amp does more than it's supposed to.

generally speaking for you pure car audio enthusiast anything that can be purchased at best buy or another major chain like that is usually crap and overpriced. not saying they are, that just seems to be the consensus.
and like myself, alot of us like to have things that most people have never heard of. i like naming a bunch of brands that are in my car, people look at me like im crazy, and then bam it sounds better than anything they ever had and cost 1/3 of what they paid.
name some so you can wow us! lol j/k

I have ownd tons of RF gear from 2 sets power mids, 2 sets tweeters, over 10 different amps, crossovers, power series to the plan entry level subs and I have NEVER had 1 problem with any equipment. If you shop around you can get it cheaper.

Ya'll are forgetting that each amp isn't actually tested. They use some logarithim program to generate those birthsheets.
On the earlier 2004-2006 series they did that. Not the 2007 punch and power series. What they used to do was test it at 4 ohms and use a formula to get the 2 ohm and 1 ohm ratings on their amps. Now they test each one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.