Wiring for Dash Cam

agaladari

Dubai
Hi..

I bought myself a Dash Cam, I thought I will be getting as direct cigarette lighter plug.. but instead, it came with terminal wires (12V Battery, ACC, Ground).. I don't want to hard wire the cam to the terminals, so, Can I connect this directly to Cigarette lighter plug?

Cigarette lighter plug has two wires, how to connect three wires (12V Battery, ACC, Ground) to two wires cigarette lighter (+, -) ?

Can I connect the (12V battery wire to ACC wire) and use those as positive and Ground to negative?

Thank you

You want a switched power source (only on when the key is in the run position). Your best bet is a wire tap and find a fuse that is only on with the key.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.