Wiring questions 1500w rms

I didnt do the ground properly because its not on bare metal. there is paint under it. I am going to do the big 3 , just wanted to know also is it ok if I ground the amp with 0 gauge and have 4 gauge power wire?
Should be fine. I think the rule is never have a ground wire smaller than your power wire. Larger should be fine. But if your power wire can do 0 gauge then you should do 0 gauge on it as well. Would make sure the amp is getting enough power.

Also for your big 3...if you already dont have the wire...save yourself some cash and pay like $1.30 a foot.

0 GAUGE BLUE POWER WIRE CABLE ROLL 50 FT NEW PC0-50BL - eBay (item 360219793589 end time Mar-21-10 09:18:28 PDT)

Just got that myself. I dont think the wire is too flexible even though he says it is...BUT o well wire is wire.

It's easy just run your power cable from the + of the front to the + of the rear batt then ground the rear batt in the trunk.
Hello Gloves/

If he does want to run a Rear Battery,my 1st thought would be to install a Battery Solenoid or Relay[same Thing] to split the Main Battery

from the Rear Battery,for the *Key-Off Listening Mode*/;).That's what I did on my Stang.As you know it'll save the Main Batt so he can start

his car.As for the Thread Starter,use the *Same Gauge Cable* for your Positive [1/0]as you did for your Negative [1/0].If your amps Terminals

can take 1/0 than your Positive and Negative Terminals should be:*1/0*//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif...This also applies the same way for your *Big/3* Power & Ground

Cables.I also did my Starter w/the Same Gauge cable.

If you do this yourself,*Please be Patient* and do not rush through it..You'll be much happier down the road.Best Of Luck to You & Your System.

Best Regards/

Raymond

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.