Wood screws/glue?

Get 1 or 2. Unless you're working in Alaska or have to bond together speakers being crushed by a semi, T3 is a complete waste of money. I use T1 and T2 regularly, the only difference being how much time I have: T1 dries faster and sands easier, T2 is a better bond and dries aesthetically clearer. Both bond stronger than wood, and I've run enclosures for 3 18s with T1 and enclosures for 1 3" driver with T3 so it all depends on the environment and your time, not the application.

I use my brad nailer to hold the box together till the glue drys. Once its dry the glue will be way sronger than the glue. I have used several types of glue and never had any problems, elmers, tb, tbII, Gorilla glue and GG wood glue, and liquid nails. Nothing seemed to perform better than others but most was with ported boxes.

p56554b.jpg

i use this glue, you will distroy the mdf to get it apart after it dries. I also use a brad nailer 1 1/2" to hold it all together till the glue sets up

Nobody uses Liquid Nails anymore? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I used liquid nails back in highschool. That was like 10 years ago. That was for a pair of soundstream spl 10"s on a 1k rubicon sealed. But like I said I never had a problem with sealing or box coming apart. Plus the wood glue is cheaper.

p56554b.jpg

i use this glue, you will distroy the mdf to get it apart after it dries. I also use a brad nailer 1 1/2" to hold it all together till the glue sets up
Use tite bond it's better and studies show this. Some ppl on here have done tests with the glues and shown tb is best

Nobody uses Liquid Nails anymore? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Liquid nails is a construction adhesive. It makes a physical bond with the wood pieces. Wood glue makes a mechanical bond (chemically fuses the wood together) which is leagues stronger.

p56554b.jpg

Titebond glues are stronger than the elmers wood glues, although all are strong enough for any enclosure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I can't find elmer's pro-bond anymore. It used to be my go-to for the winter months since it's about the same as T2 as far as performance, except it has a much lower working temperature.

tite bond and brad nails....I HATE SCREWS.....if you use screws and decide to router the edges the screws will F up the router bit.....Brad nails will not hurt router bits.

if you use real router bits the slight amount of screw head will not hurt it and if it does you have them sharpened lol

you can find high end router bits online on sale all the time if you look

they use the same type of hardened c3 and c4 carbide tooling for metal work as they do on good quality R bits, but if you use off the shelf hardware store bits i can see why you dont like doing it. i router right thru screw heads all the time on cabinets usually it is due to my screws being a tad to close to the edge

Liquid nails is a construction adhesive. It makes a physical bond with the wood pieces. Wood glue makes a mechanical bond (chemically fuses the wood together) which is leagues stronger.
Hmm, didn't know that. It's all I've ever used and I've never had a problem...I just like it because it's thicker than regular wood glue and doesn't run all over the place

No matter what type of router bits being used, I'd rather not have them hitting metal screws and having sparks fly. IIRC, they were made to cut wood.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.