Would a 4-channel stereo amp work for subs?

MAkahveli
10+ year member

I got a zapco 1000.4 reference amp just sitting off to the side and the output concerns me. I acquired 2 10's in a custom box made for my f150, both subs are dvc but no info on power and exact model is yet to be discovered but to fast forward I'm thinking of using 2 channels per sub or 1 per voice coil. What has me concerned is the power specs only mention stereo in 4 channel mode? Should i not be hooking up subwoofers in 4 channel formation? Here are some specs on the amp.

Stereo, 4 ohms: 4 x 150 Watts

Stereo, 2 ohms: 4 x 250 Watts

Bridged, 4 ohms: 2 x 500 Watts

T.H.D. + Noise:

S/N Ratio: >95dB

Slew Rate: >32V/uS

Damping Factor: >600 @ 4 ohms

Dimensions: 23"L x7.5"W x 2"H

To all who are gonna obviously as about why dont i just bridge into 2 channels, this amp does not go down to 2ohm bridged as needed.

Wouldn't doing it at 8ohm the only put out half the power?

And what do you mean what VC. I assume dvc 4ohm, i cant find any useful info on these as the company did not make subwoofers for too long and the previous owner removed all labels that were on magnet.

And what do you mean what VC. I assume dvc 4ohm, i cant find any useful info on these as the company did not make subwoofers for too long and the previous owner removed all labels that were on magnet.
assume 4 ohm dvc or know 4 ohm dvc?

300x2 at 8

Don't run the coils individually -- that opens up the possibility for problems you have no reason to deal with.

It doesn't really matter whether they're d2's or d4's. They need to be wired in series either way.

You'll either get 300 per sub or 500.

As long as they're not d1's or d8's it will work fine.

Back in the day 4ch's were a very common way to run a pair of subs. Mono amps only became popular around '00.

Here is 2 pictures if any of you know, I'll unscrew them later to try and find out ohms, been kinda busy planning and setting up for my wedding coming up so sorry guys and thank you at the same time

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t665/Makahveli/image_zpsnizjvyhm.jpeg' alt='image_zpsnizjvyhm.jpeg'>

[/img]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.