would think a shop could correctly put in an HU...

Super Pickle
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
?????????
It so friggin annoying. i go into this local shop and picked up an eclipse cd5100.. well, i had them put it in, and now that im listening to it... there is this faint hiss on the speakers that wasn't there when the stock head unit was in there... anybody know what the reason is? its on both the FM, CD, and USB. Im going back tomorrow and im trying to be prepared to argue with some knowledge lol...

Car is an 02 jeep grand cherokee with the infinity system.

It so friggin annoying. i go into this local shop and picked up an eclipse cd5100.. well, i had them put it in, and now that im listening to it... there is this faint hiss on the speakers that wasn't there when the stock head unit was in there... anybody know what the reason is? its on both the FM, CD, and USB. Im going back tomorrow and im trying to be prepared to argue with some knowledge lol...

Car is an 02 jeep grand cherokee with the infinity system.

Only thing I can think of is that they didn't connect both ground wires together in the back. Some infinity systems have two ground wires, one for the deck and one for the amp. They have to be connected together. I didn't think that particular setup went as late as 02 though.

One was a black wire with a stripe of some color, the other is just a braided strap that goes to chassis.

I just don't trust other people to mess with my system anymore, especially audio shops. I had one do an install for me and they called me telling me that my Hu was broken. I had just bought it and sure it was refurbished but it was still new. i show up and they're like it opens but doesn't turn on. Took me one second to push the volume knob( aka the on button:rolleyes: ) But unless the Hu is defective a hiss is usually something to do with the ground. Are the speakers amped?

well there is the stock infinity amp in there... ill talk to the guys tomorrow ill tell them that if they dont fix it they can just put the stock **** back in there and ill find somebody else to do it lol and give me my money back

hmm... i dont know it just doesnt seem like it should be there... ill ask the people and see what they say but i feel like it should work... i almost feel like they also bypassed the factory amp because it doesnt seem as loud...

hmm... i dont know it just doesnt seem like it should be there... ill ask the people and see what they say but i feel like it should work... i almost feel like they also bypassed the factory amp because it doesnt seem as loud...
That is precisely what is normaly done.... bypass harness is used because the factory "deck" was a "dead head" basically with only pre-amp voltage... feeding the power from your eclipse into the inputs on the factory amp would be a VERY bad idea....

Ryan

You would know if they did that, they would have charged you for it.

The amp is under the rear passengers seat, pull it up and youll be able to tell if someone's messed with it.

nah amp doesnt appear tampered with... actually went back and complained... i somehow ended up returning the 5100 and getting a 6000ub for 150 bucks (new, arguing goes a long way i suppose?), and a different guy installed it this time.... and the hissing is gone! sounds great now... makes me wonder...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.