wtf is pioneer thinking?

I never liked Pioneer with that Cyclopse looking single knob, Any Single knob HU for that matter. My Fav is the Kenwood X890 because of its symetric design, plus all the features and USB on a whip. I cut a small hole in the dash and just plug in my thumbdrives. Looks slick and is easily accessible. Out of all the Kenwood X models, I say the X890 is one of the best they made. It has decent Wolfson 24-bit digital-to-analog converter, Has aux input, ( I run my tv/vcr thru it) And the music organizer is the Shitzzz. Voice indexing of folders ect.

3 sets of 5-volt preamp outputs

And being an 2008 model, it can be had for cheap. $149.50

2 year warranty as well.

If I didnt have the Kenwood, I would go for a Eclipse, MacIntosh, or a zapco...Yes, Zapco made a few HU's.

MP3 320kbps still isnt CD quality and its the highest quality MP3 you can have.
You have Nakamichi HU's that are pretty amazing with the CD300 and the CD400 models. CD300 starts at about $180 and the CD400 is about $300.

You also have the option of Clarion DXZ785USB which is a cheap active capable HU and Clarion makes some great products. Look at their APX Zeff designed amps.

You have alot more options than Pioneer and better options at that. I see nothing to complain about.
my x991 reads wav.. which is CD quality.. i have alot of 320 and wav files and it beats a CD any time..

everyone i ever knew that had a eclipse they just didn't last..

i was amongst the biggest pioneer fan ever but after i heard the x991 as compared to my 780mp ill never look back.. the only pioneer i consider is the new top dog.. and even then if kenwood made a excelon that exceeded the x991 i would consider any other cd player.. nak is over rated as well as eclipse. alpine made the 9886 and it sounds amazing as good as the x991 but the x991 had better xovers and more features... the 9887 is basically the same unit as the 9886 but with ht added 3ways xover but they failed to incorporate separate dac's to provide better xovers it would cost closer to 750 for such a unit but imo it would be worth it fa sure..

i tested the eclipse pre amp output and i couldn't get 8 volts clipped maxed out.. more like 3.2 clean @ 50hz..they always sounds bite and tiny as well..

Maybe it's because a lot of newer cars have stereos you can't replace? There's processors out there that are hitting the 600-800 dollar mark that will provide everything you need.
That's why cars that are easy to upgrade to after market stuff sell more. I hate newer cars that have unnecessary space ship looking dashes. I was just looking at a Camaro vs Challenger, and the Challenger is way better if you love car audio. The Challenger has plenty of trunk for subs and it is easy to drop a double din in it. It would be a pain to do either with the Camaro because it has an extra small trunk and a funny looking dash. I don't even understand why guys buy pickups that ain't going to be hauling nothing, then try to cram subs under or behind the seat. I don't understand why some want to keep the factory look because I've never seen any factory look better than after market gear. You don't really like car audio if you buy a car that's hard to work with.

I'll stick with my JVC Arsenal I bought just for the USB for my flash drive and HD Radio.. now kenwood has one a year and a half after i bought my HD Radio..

Time to upgrade as the HD radio commercials once said yes? LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.