XS vs. Yellow Tops

A bunch of stuff including raping the AH theory.
Nathan, I think the reason most people fall back on the AH rating for stereo applications (beyond having no other means to tell batteries apart) is that is does say something about the reserves of a battery and at high load that equates to the difference of thousandths of a second to hundredths of a second. Higher AH batteries are generally going to provide power all the way to the point in which the charging system understands there is a load and allows for the circuit from the alternator to travel to the battery and begin to recharge. Essentially, if you have correct charging, it stops flicker.

XS Power batteries are made by XS Power. Powermaster has nothing to do with XS Power and is a completely different company. Optima is made by Johnson Controls.
Actually there are a lot of things that make XS Power Batteries different from the competition, and we will have some informative videos coming up soon to better explain this. One thing that makes XS Power batteries different is the technology used in making the batteries. Lead Tin technology is by far the leading technology in AGM batteries. The Lead Technology allows us to make the lead plates thinner and pack more plates into the cells of the battery. The more plates you have in the cells the more surface area you have in the battery.

The industry standard AH rating is the 20hr rate. Our AH rating info is on our site, so either Google wasn't looking very hard or you may have just overlooked it. I am on plenty of forums you are on and I can't ever remember you asking me what the rating is. We do not try to hide any of our ratings or info from the customers and all you had to do was ask. FAQ’s « XS Power

The true question here though is are you wanting batteries to run fog lights and trolling motors or for car audio? I say this because AH ratings have NOTHING to do with car audio. In no way can LOW amperage pulls for HOURS be equated for HIGH amperage pulls for SHORT periods of time. Of course if you want to run your 20amp fog lights through out the night to light something up, then you need to pay attention to the AH rating, but for car audio AH means nothing.

The battery can be 500AH but if it is not able to provide the power your system needs instantaneously, then it is going to do you no good. There are specific designs for batteries to get the AH ratings up. To do this you redesign the battery's internals to limit the power output and prolong the time. Just like having 5 gallons of water in a bag. If you put a 1/2" hole in the bottom of the bag then the water can only come out of the 1/2" hole and it will take longer for the bag to drain. If you put a 2" hole in the bottom of the bag, of course the water will drain out a lot faster. If you only need a little amount of water at a time for an extended period of time then the 1/2" will be fine, but if you need need a lot of water quickly then the 2" will work better for you.
Mmmm just going by the URL that is seen on the actual batteries themselves...lol.

t_S1000.jpg

While your vehicle is running, all of it's electrical components draw power from the alternator, when the alternator cannot keep up with current demands the electrical components start to draw the left over amperage from the battery(s).
XS Power is made by Powermaster. Yellow tops are made by Optima.

There is absolutely nothing special or different about XS power batteries they are standard AGM batteries, marketed toward car audio...

Optima actually has parts of their batteries patented e.g. Spiral Cell technology making the actual plates less prone to breakage and therefore inherently much more shock / abuse resistant.

The bottom line is there are regulations on battery manufactueres requireing them to produce what they claim.

A 31 series battery is a 31 series battery. Car batteries have been largely unchanged since the turn of the century.

I recommend going with Optima simply because a D31 Yellow top is $215 while a 31 series XS is more like $350...For no reason.

A battery can be ruined in a single day in the wrong hands. The fact that you are mentioning other people's reviews of batteries shows a lack of knowledge of what it is a battery even is.

A battery is a battery, if it works, it works...If you don't maintain it properly -- which doesn't mean put it in, hook it up, and then complain on a forum when it fails because you did nothing proactive to maintain it's life span -- you will damage it and ruin it.
thats what i was saying about XS power. it doesnt say ANYWHERE if its 100 hour rate or 20 hour rate. i googld the shiz out of it too.
8a31=105ah at 20 hours and 110ah at 100hours

D3100=110Ah at ?? hours and ????ah at ???hours

do you see now?
i have been on all of xs powers threads and all the sites that sell them. how can a "great company" have so little info on the actual specs of their products like its a secret.
Mmmm just going by the URL that is seen on the actual batteries themselves...lol.
t_S1000.jpg

Off of a battery that is at least 4 years old. The companies were together about 5 years ago, but haven't worked together since.

So a battery with a sticker that says powermastermotorsports is at least 4 years old? I have one that is less than a year old that says powermaster on it.

So a battery with a sticker that says powermastermotorsports is at least 4 years old? I have one that is less than a year old that says powermaster on it.
It may be less than a year since you bought it, but those batteries have not been produced in years. If you bought it new, then it was in someones stock for a while. Which battery was it and where did you get it? What was the voltage out of the box?

XS Power batteries are made by XS Power. Powermaster has nothing to do with XS Power and is a completely different company. Optima is made by Johnson Controls.
Actually there are a lot of things that make XS Power Batteries different from the competition
"XS Power" does not "make" batteries. You guys import them from China and put your label on them. Same as Kinetik and many others. Thats why your batts don't conform to the BCI group sizes that most countries other than China uses.

They also use recycled lead whereas these higher-end performance companies (DEKA, XS, Kenetik) use virgin lead so it holds its charge and handles being abused (over discharged) a couple of times better.
Deka uses recycled lead. In the US there is VERY strict limits on producing new lead which is why the battery companies have become so good at recycling them. Most of the companies that can claim 'virgin' lead are located in China where lead mining (and lead poisoning) are much more common.

"XS Power" does not "make" batteries. You guys import them from China and put your label on them. Same as Kinetik and many others. Thats why your batts don't conform to the BCI group sizes that most countries other than China uses.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.