• Thread starter <Black>
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<Black>

would it be better to get a yellow top batter instead of getting capacitors? can you hook the yellow top from going to your regular batter then sending wire back to the yellow top in the trunk and then go to amp? or how could I hook that up?

any sugestions would be great.

you would need a dual battery isolator DO NOT RUN A WIRE FROM THE ORIGINAL BATTERY TO THE SECOND ONE. If you go with an extra battery, let me suggest a high output alternator, two batteries needing a charge is a lot for a factory alternator to handle. Let me ask you this, there is a difference between why you would get a cap and an extra battery....are you trying to keep headlights from dimming, or are you going for extended play time from the system when the car is shut down. If you are just trying to maintain transient response for the woofer and give the amp a little more juice when it needs it, or just trying to keep headlights from dimming I would suggest a stiffening capacitor

well I wanna do both... keep the lights from dimming and shut down play time... but mainly the lights from dimming.... I just thought maybe it would be cheaper if I went that way becuz I want to get the stinger caps and they are like 100 bucks and I would need 3 of them for my A2300HCX audiobahn amp and the batter is only like 120 or somthin... so I dont know what would be better way to go if I went with the battery or else with the caps?? hard decision. thanx for the info

Originally posted by :well I wanna do both... keep the lights from dimming and shut down play time... but mainly the lights from dimming.... I just thought maybe it would be cheaper if I went that way becuz I want to get the stinger caps and they are like 100 bucks and I would need 3 of them for my A2300HCX audiobahn amp and the batter is only like 120 or somthin... so I dont know what would be better way to go if I went with the battery or else with the caps?? hard decision. thanx for the info
Check out ebay for the caps. You can find two for that price. And as far as adding the second battery. Depending upon the size of your alternator. It could put more strain on it. And actually worsen your situation.

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: ramos ]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.