12 Type X vs. 12w7

since nobody has left a positive comment for this guy ima say the type x would b better than the W7 running off 600 watts. like said above the 2 ohm will give you a little more power. ive heard both subs at full power and to me its a coin flip to decide which one is better.
Yea I already said that a few posts up. Nice to see we agree on something though.

even an spl sub on the same amp won't be that much louder to the ear than a w7, if at all. you could put 6 different subs on that same amp, and as long they are all in a well designed box, your ear wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference in terms of spl. the only way it will change significantly is by adding cone area or power. 2 250 watt 15's will obviously be louder than 1 500 watt 12, but that's apples to oranges. what i would say though, is that i hate to underpower a sub. the only way i will do that is to plan for that in the box build, and give it a little extra volume, which i also hate doing. point being, the W7 will sound just as loud to the ear as any other sub of the same power. metering for spl is another ball game.
Come on, do you know anything about subs? A more efficient driver will be louder. It isn't all about cone area and power otherwise there really wouldn't be a need for competitions. Many factors come into play. The box is the obvious one, but you completely negated efficiency which in particular at low power will make a huge difference.

im just curious how many times the OP is going to post the same general question.... if you could get off of alpine and jl and kenwood, you might be able to generate some bass... couple of DC level 2 15s they are 300w rms, and dual 4, so you can wire 2 of them to 4 ohms to use your 2 channel, and sound just as good as the JL or the Alpine, and be easily twice as loud, and not be underpowering the **** out of it so you can brag to people your running a type X or a W7 cuz if you run 600w to either of those, you can brag about it all you want but no one will be impressed

im just curious how many times the OP is going to post the same general question.... if you could get off of alpine and jl and kenwood, you might be able to generate some bass... couple of DC level 2 15s they are 300w rms, and dual 4, so you can wire 2 of them to 4 ohms to use your 2 channel, and sound just as good as the JL or the Alpine, and be easily twice as loud, and not be underpowering the **** out of it so you can brag to people your running a type X or a W7 cuz if you run 600w to either of those, you can brag about it all you want but no one will be impressed
good point. no one will be impressed or hear you coming with 600wrms on the x or the w7. **** get 2 w3's or something if you want JL, or type r's (or even s's) if you want alpine. or use a different company.

both subs sound good, but remember the box will make or break any sub.

the w7 is a beast, i would pick a w7 over type-x.

the w7 has better tonal control, over the type-x,

i think the w7 will sound better off of less watts.

i have an alpine type 12" in a ported box getting 1000 rms, and i wouldnt be happy giving it less power,and i am NOT a spl guy. i suggest a RE SE 12

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.