13W7 Ported Fiberglass Box **PICS**

Psyence
10+ year member

Customized
Canada
Just got done doing my first layer of fiberglass over my new box.... the box sits between my newly modified rear seats (Cut back 60% seat to 40%) the port will go under the face of the sub, obviously.

Anyways, It should be about 2.3-2.4cuft including port and sub displacement.... I will know more once I coat the inside with resin and fill 'er up with some water...

There will be a 13W7 on a 1000/1 JL Amplifier or 2.

Whats everyone think?

IMG_2165%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_2166%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_2167%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_2168%20(Medium).jpg

This is what she's going into... (Changed the pic)

IMG_2381%20(Medium).jpg

i would have definatly made the baffle eaither flush, or at a slight angle, and made the curves from the port to the baffle out of MDF and rounded that edge.

i dont know if that makes any sense. but yea.

otherwise looks laright. pics in car?

Thanks guys...

This is only my 3rd Glassing project... But You learn most of what you need to learn in the first 2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif So this is going a lot better...

As for layers... what would everyone suggest? I would kinda think ported boxes do not need as many layers as a sealed box, or am I just dreamin? I dont see the ported box getting as pressurized as sealed??

Bracing -- I thought about it, but I really didnt have the space to make this box look nice, and still fit where it has to go.... I am very limited for space.

Adding more layers of glass to compensate for bracing? I will atleast do 2-3 more on the outside, 1 on the inside, for a total of 4-5 glass layers, and the heavily resin'd micro fleece... which is probably as thick as 2 layers of glass, just not as sturdy...

Comments?

Thanks guys...
As for layers... what would everyone suggest? I would kinda think ported boxes do not need as many layers as a sealed box, or am I just dreamin? I dont see the ported box getting as pressurized as sealed??

Comments?
Around the tuning frequency a vented enclosure is actually subject to more pressure than a sealed enclosure of the same volume. It's only when you drop below the tuning frequency that the pressure becomes less then sealed.

Remember SPL=pressure, if a vented enclosure is producing more SPL than a sealed one, then the pressure is also higher inside the enclosure.

Hmmm good point....

Well I am a little late for bracing, so I better do a few more layers of glass... ugh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Its so **** messy, haha.. But worth it in the end.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.