2 12"type r VS 1 sundown15" d2

More overall cone area=louder? Going by that then the 2 type rs...but iunno...sundown is supposed to be like kick ass and type rs are budget subs. SO yea like I said...iunno lol. Personally I am putting 4 type rs in my car soon...got 2 atm.

Two Rs in a properly tuned enclosure will be very loud. I can tell you that moving from 2 stroker 15s (old school) on an Orion 2500D @ 1 ohm was only .5 dB up from 3 R 12s on the same amp @ same load. With more power, however, the strokers would have walked them.

Type R's allday sound is all in the install BCF and type Rs happen to be pretty pickie to sound good
Couldn't it be said for even the most sloppy loudspeaker that it could sound good in the perfect install?.... oh wait. I think it just was. Type R's are inefficient. They are not accurate in most scenarios.... they are just trash. The only reason people use them is, they are a main stream mass produced sub. You can find them EVERYWHERE for almost no money. People say.. oh they can take more than 500 watts all day yet they have never clamped the power going to them. Just because they turn their gain up all the way they assume they are putting out so much more. They know nothing about impedance rise etc. 2" coils are not exactly great at taking tons of power. The cooling on the type r isn't anything special. So what does anyone have to go on? NOTHING. Rumor and the fact that their buddy has some in a prefab box and it "HITS". Come the hell on.

Couldn't it be said for even the most sloppy loudspeaker that it could sound good in the perfect install?.... oh wait. I think it just was. Type R's are inefficient. They are not accurate in most scenarios.... they are just trash. The only reason people use them is, they are a main stream mass produced sub. You can find them EVERYWHERE for almost no money. People say.. oh they can take more than 500 watts all day yet they have never clamped the power going to them. Just because they turn their gain up all the way they assume they are putting out so much more. They know nothing about impedance rise etc. 2" coils are not exactly great at taking tons of power. The cooling on the type r isn't anything special. So what does anyone have to go on? NOTHING. Rumor and the fact that their buddy has some in a prefab box and it "HITS". Come the hell on.
I am speaking from experience. Over 20 years of experience in the car audio industry. I see people flaming the type-r because of the 2 inch coil they use, it makes them look silly because coil size is not a factor in getting loud...

The proliferation of custom built subs is not what got the spl community higher numbers on the sensor. Enclosure design is... And on that, I am speaking from experience.

I am speaking from experience. Over 20 years of experience in the car audio industry. I see people flaming the type-r because of the 2 inch coil they use, it makes them look silly because coil size is not a factor in getting loud...The proliferation of custom built subs is not what got the spl community higher numbers on the sensor. Enclosure design is... And on that, I am speaking from experience.
Ugh your "20 years of experience" didn't include reading for comprehension skills did they?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.