2008 Accord Coupe

Ah my bad. Didn't interpret it right. This part threw me off.
"Post details, pictures and get feedback of your car audio installation, from start to finish."

Mods... Feel free to delete or move this thread.

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure you interpreted it right.

It means the "complete" build log, key word being "LOG"... I think "complete" means the whole system or something, not JUST a box or w/e.

what kind of paint did you use? prep?
it looks very nice and i also hate carpeting

Used this
AAStsBkGSpL.jpg

Made by rustoleum.

I didn't prep using anything. Stuck to it perfectly fine. The only thing I might do in the future is use some black primer, just to avoid having to do so many coats to hide the wood showing through.

Love the car, the front stage speakers, not a fan of the sub though. And what amps are you running? I can't really tell.
Totally with you on your opinion of the sub. I'm pretty ashamed of it. Haha. But it gets the job done for me. I don't push it hard at all, and I rely on the good midbass performance of my front stage more than the sub. It definitely is on my list of upgrades that I should make in the future though. I have enough power coming from my sub amp to power something better later on.

I'm just running some power acoustik amps. Cheap, and they work fine. I know they are totally overrated @ their quoted wattage, but even with this in mind, they're still a good deal. Some people might be able to tell a difference in sound between an expensive amp, and a cheap one, but that is definitely not me (power levels being equal of course). Maybe I need to upgrade my ears. 1 is a gothic, 1 is a power series. According to their tech dept, they're identical internally. I only got a power series since they were out of stock of the gothics.

Driver Teaser -

Here's a little teaser. I was very impressed with the quality of the RSD's for the price. I bench tested them outside of an enclosure against the polyglasses. The polyglasses had a a bright and lively sound, also sounded a bit fuller, and were definitely more efficient. The RSD's definitely held their own though, and did NOT sound like 80 dollar speakers at all. Keep in mind this was totally bench testing, not mounted at all, so this could totally change once I get them installed.

Goal for tomorrow is to install the rears, deaden the deck, and put the trim back on.

Thanks for reading.

zxpauu.jpg

Yo, man. Nice build.

Screw the other people. This is the right place!

x1 for getting the wording changed from "Completed Build Logs" to just "Build Logs"

awesome ****, love the stealth setup, but if you read
Complete Car Audio Build Logs

this belongs in the general discussion
Ah my bad. Didn't interpret it right. This part threw me off.
"Post details, pictures and get feedback of your car audio installation, from start to finish."

Mods... Feel free to delete or move this thread.

Thanks.
Nice and clean. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You're in the right section Katodevin. Na_rsx interpreted it wrong. Keep posting pics and details of your install from start to finish. Keep us updated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Rear Deck Complete/MDF Ringage -

Here is the rear deck put back together with my modified speaker grills. The tweeter's locations look very clean.

2vvl1tc.jpg

I cut some MDF rings also for my rear speaker. I decided to go with 2 thin rings for each speaker, and sandwich circles of deadener between each, making a total of 2 layers from deadener between the speaker and the deck. I would have gone with thicker MDF, but it would have gotten too tall and would have hit the grill. A lot of experts use non-hardening clay between the rings and the metal, but I worry about the California heat a lot and don't want my paranoid mind to wonder if my rear deck is melting or not.

I used a handy dremel circle jig that I picked up, and it cut the holes very clean as long as I went slow. Much easier to handle than my big router when it comes to cutting holes. When I got impatient, the cuts got a little bumpy, but still 100% acceptable for simple speaker rings.

20qxbv6.jpg

2r4hhqt.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.