2011 Ford Edge ( A little advice for the fronts please)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fishx65
10+ year member

Michigan
Just picked up a 2011 Edge and the sound is really bad. My 2010 Edge was way better!!! I'm not gonna install my big system in this vehicle but I gotta do something. This Edge just has the facory single Disc system. I just want to get some decent clean sound out of the front speakers so I've been doing a little research on 6x8's. I know I don't have much power to work with and I need a sensitive speaker. I've never done mild upgrades so I'm not sure how much of a difference they can make. So far, I like the specs of the Infinity 6832 cf's. Sensitivity is 93db and they run at 2 ohms. Anyone ever try these Infinity's or have a better suggestion?

what is your budget?
I've got a ton of nice older stuff laying around but don't want to get crazy with this truck. I would have to install one of my amps if I wanted to run my Boston or ADS component sets. I guess I should keep the budget around 100 bones. Amazon has those Infinity's I was talking about for around 50 bucks. Again, I've never done a simple speaker upgrade to a stock system. I always get carried away and install entire systems. Not even gonna put a sub in this one! Of course I've told myself this before!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.