1/0 Kolossus Kandy Kable

4ga Kandy Kable - IA6.4

RCA - Karma SS 2 ch and 4 ch

12ga Karma SS - Focals

8ga Karma SS - xcons

Focal P165v15 - front and back

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

Ampere Audio AA-3800.1

2 - SSA xcon 18(Waiting to get to build box)

Factory speakers - wow, these are the most pathetic OEM speakers I have ever seen

IMG_0050_zpsnzpsqois.jpg

IMG_0053_zpsp4ew61du.jpg

Running power back -

IMG_0027_zpslxmxdwvd.jpg

IMG_0026_zpsgf2erewz.jpg

IMG_0028_zpsqieruxzy.jpg

IMG_0030_zpslryrn2lc.jpg

Well according to Metra - the same speaker adapters are supposed to fit the back also - ummm no, dont think so. Good thing I checked them out before I ordered the adapters.

I made brackets out of some strap iron I had. Then had to make cut outs for the speakers in the back trim. To do - make custom grills for them.

IMG_0031_zps1et8iti1.jpg

IMG_0043_zpsi99gecbl.jpg

Power wires run to fuse location in rear -

IMG_0034_zps5jyulxba.jpg

Finished fuse mounting - I put a bar on the back to make it sturdier to hold the weight

IMG_0048_zpsbtjhxil9.jpg

Mounting the amps

IMG_0029_zpsw0naya2b.jpg

IMG_0049_zpspmotacjo.jpg

Front speakers much easier

IMG_0055_zpskasqxtgn.jpg

Will update when I get subs

I didn't realize I forgot to upload some finished pics - was a little pressed for time yesterday.

Here is where I put the front tweeters - They are off axis but sound awesome - thanks for the suggestion on the Focals Jeff

IMG_0056%20-%20Copy_zpsnwg7eapp.jpg

Here is the IA6.4 - I need to figure different routing for the wires

IMG_0058%20-%20Copy_zpsugws5gam.jpg

The HU - I wish it was a little bigger - Maybe when I upgrade it to a carputer I will find a screen that fits the opening better. Overall I am digging the apple car play on it, kinda neat.

IMG_0062%20-%20Copy_zpsgaflbocb.jpg

The 3800 under the rear seats - I had to take out a bracket/arm that is used when folding the seats down because it was too low and hit the top of the amp. I mounted it on brackets I made as to clear the heater vents. Overall it fits nicely but now the seats are permanently up.

This was taken a day after installed - gotta love dog shedding season.

IMG_0060%20-%20Copy_zps7c07jvmd.jpg

Here is a final of the rears. Where the magnets on the OEM was only like an inch, they went into a small opening in the body. However all the support bracing for the rear door latch is all in that same spot so making the opening larger to fit the magnets on the Focals was out of the question. So the body won that round with the inside panel losing lol.

IMG_0063%20-%20Copy_zpsqhumikhi.jpg

My plywood finally came in - 3 sheets 12 layer birch

IMG_0461_zpsdfdurgdv.jpg

IMG_0462_zpscdbume7m.jpg

First box layer -

IMG_0466_zpsbi29r9es.jpg

Finished with subs in -

IMG_0468_zps9yfvwtp8.jpg

9" of 10.25 blue irrigation pipe pointing into the drivers side pocket tuned it to around 34ish.

Wired to 4 ohm at the moment, with stock alt voltage stays above 13. Alt and extra batt then down to 1 ohm it goes.

Holy smokes do these make the windshield flex, I don't think I could imagine what they would do wired down to 1 ohm.

[quote name='WhiteYota']My plywood finally came in - 3 sheets 12 layer birch

9" of 10.25 blue irrigation pipe pointing into the drivers side pocket tuned it to around 34ish.
Wired to 4 ohm at the moment, with stock alt voltage stays above 13. Alt and extra batt then down to 1 ohm it goes.

Holy smokes do these make the windshield flex, I don't think I could imagine what they would do wired down to 1 ohm.[/QUOTE]

Cool man! Just saw this! Yup you will start having all sorts of flex issues lol. Any vids yet?

Also when you get your alt, tell them your vehicle has a very low Idle, ask if there is anything they can do to mod it so you get proper amperage even at idle. I had to manually raise my vehicle's rpm from 600 to 800 to have my h/o alt charging at proper voltage.

I'll mention @denim he might like this lol

[quote name='Jeffdachef']Cool man! Just saw this! Yup you will start having all sorts of flex issues lol. Any vids yet?

Also when you get your alt, tell them your vehicle has a very low Idle, ask if there is anything they can do to mod it so you get proper amperage even at idle. I had to manually raise my vehicle's rpm from 600 to 800 to have my h/o alt charging at proper voltage.

I'll mention @denim he might like this lol[/QUOTE]

No vids yet, Singer sent me an email quote and I did mention the low idle. His 240amp does turn on at the low idle but I am more leaning to the 320 amp. Most of the driving I do is highway where rpms would be 2k'ish.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.