6x9 and tweeter suggestions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

JayWheezy
10+ year member

So I'm new to this forum, and also new to car audio knowledge in depth, so let me explain my situation. I own a 2004 nissan xterra, up until a week ago, everything in it was stock. I just started getting more into audio, so I went out and upgraded to a pair of kicker ks65's in my front doors, and a pioneer deh3400 head unit. I'm currently thinking about getting a pair of kicker ks693's for the rear speakers. However I'm new to all of this, so any suggestions towards some good 6x9's, tweeters, and possibly even amps or subs, but Im probably going to put a little hold on the amp and subs. But yeah, I want to hear what you think towards the best 6x9's and tweeters, and possibly, if you have some you want to sell, just pm me, thank you very much. Hope to hear from you guys.

hey jay i can help you .i am a dealer on the forum here .and i'm having a sale .are you interested in some 6x9 components ? also what size sub and amp ?do you have a budget ?

I am on a budget as of right now, im married and in the army living off one paycheck right now, so I don't have a whole lot to work with right now with christmas coming up. So im mainly just looking for suggestions for the amp and subs right now, however I am interested in some 6x9 components and tweeters, what do you have?

As much as I wish I could get those, I can't haha, sorry about that, Im looking more around $180 or less for the 6x9's and around $150 and under for the tweeters

I just mean like all at once, because I may have to just get the 6x9's first, then the tweeters later on, but I would like those. How long are you going to be selling those for that price?

I just mean like all at once, because I may have to just get the 6x9's first, then the tweeters later on, but I would like those. How long are you going to be selling those for that price?
only til friday for these ,you can go with the coaxials for around 180 and get the tweets later too ,if that works better for you

Alright, well I dont think I really have a budget at all right now, so im not interested in buying anything right now. But I still want to hear some more suggestions for some 6x9 components for a 2004 nissan xterra with all stock other than a pioneer deh3400, and 2 kicker ks65's. Any suggestions are welcome!

You missed the fact that he wants to add tweeters to the front of his car, right?

He wants some new 6x9's in the rear and wants to add a set of tweeters to the front setup (which is wrong and would sound like ish)

Like i said im new to all this, why would that be wrong and sound bad?
Because the Kicker speakers you already bought have tweeters already. Adding more tweeters never makes it sound better, it makes it sound shrill and un balanced.

You bought a set of lower end co axial speakers. What your best move is would be to move the Kicker speakers to the rear (using cheap 6x9 to 6.5" adapters) and buy a better quality set of component speakers for the front. Component speakers have separate woofers and tweeters. Using that setup gives you a much better sound stage and a more balanced full sound.

Cadence makes a good set of component speakers that should sound much better than the Kicker speakers you have right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.