5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
FL
IMG_20121127_173637.jpg

IMG_20121127_173818.jpg

IMG_20121127_173904.jpg

CDT DRT-25 silkdome tweets

CDT ES-04 Midranges

which are coupled in a 3 way front stage with some re xxx 6.5 midbasses in pods off my **** *** ppi art ax606.2

Got them installed roughly tonight. The 4's fit the same mounts as my previous DLS IR3's much tomy surprise. In essentially free air the midranges sound pretty **** good without fine tuning or being in sealed pods. Over the next week or two I plan on getting some pods glassed for these midranges....

and the tweets are smooooooth:)

IMG_20121127_211520.jpg

HOLY CRAP I am impressed.

Got the midranges in and retuned. I must say for being free air these still have amazing output and still do the upper midbass with authority. In fact they sound jut as crisp and clear as the DLS IR3's but definitly get lower. Tweets are 5khz and up, midrange 310hz to 4khz, and midbadd at 255hz down to 50hz. Before I had my midbass up to 350hz ish and it sounded okay, but now that they are about 250 and down the midbasses have cleaned up quite a bit. I can't wait to hear how the es-04's do with a small enclosure. Minimal work needed to get these tweets to fit into my spaker pods that once housed my DLS IR1's.

These speakers were all B stock from CDT store, new with 1 yr warranty for like half of off normal online price. I gotthetweets andmidranges for 220 shipped. Holy jesus I am so happy I got these.

got to drive like 25miles tonight on my misc adventures, got to play with the levels more. Those xxx's should never have been higher than 250hz before. they're great now. I was worried about the upper midbass switchoff between them and the es-04's with the 04's on the dash. Not an issue at all. It blends nicely.

I honestly couldn't find any blemishes anywhere on these. I have no idea why these were considered b stock, they look new and amazing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The clean power from the ppi really shines too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

god i love this amp....guy who I bought it from calls me recently (about 2yrs of having it) and asks if i ever installed...wantedtomaybe buy it back.

negatory sir, sorry...

IMG_20121125_150923-1.jpg

P1190242.jpg

P1190231.jpg

P1190242.jpg

wish i kept that white one too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.it got sold

BassAddictJ, interesting placement on the ES-04s. What kind of mounting bracket did you use?

Nice score. Been waiting for es02 to hit the refurb site. Might just end up with hd02. Then I'd keep my anarchys and run the hd or es coupled up.
I have the ES-02Bl and HD-2BL in stock. They're not B-stock but I could make a deal that would be hard to pass up.

BassAddictJ, interesting placement on the ES-04s. What kind of mounting bracket did you use?

I have the ES-02Bl and HD-2BL in stock. They're not B-stock but I could make a deal that would be hard to pass up.
Shoot me a pm and we'll go from there. Thanks

The mounts are fairly simple. mdf ring cut outs painted black, connected to the adjacent panel by L brackets and bolts. I added a little bit of double sided heavy duty sticky tape for extra support off the glass and dash. Not the prettiest, and I had to drill into my panel, but it gets the job done. I don't have the same kind of time I used to to make it pretty. Whatever next car I get down the line I'll do it right and have glassed pods for everything.

The sub is:

Silvertop tc4hp TRF Motor

Candy Blue Ti Basket 15"

4 10" Progressive Roll Spiders

Dual Sewn In Leads

4" 8 Layer Flatwound Coil D2

6" Carbon Fiber Dustcap

8 Gauge Direct Connect Leads

cool pics and ish here:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/558353-vids-trf-psi-monster-us-amps-ax3200de.html

Nice build, amps look sick, wish i could hear it all

it really does sound incredible. took like 10 years to get to this point but finally I'm impressed daily with all aspects of it. Love my indash navi and 16bg thumb drive of music, the ppi eq and amp are like 15+ years old and , the us amps is handmade and ****, the sub is overbuilt and mean, the electrical is pretty stout, mids and highs are now fantastic again.....amazing...

it really does sound incredible. took like 10 years to get to this point but finally I'm impressed daily with all aspects of it. Love my indash navi and 16bg thumb drive of music, the ppi eq and amp are like 15+ years old and , the us amps is handmade and ****, the sub is overbuilt and mean, the electrical is pretty stout, mids and highs are now fantastic again.....amazing...
Cool man. Sounds like you got a pretty dam nice setup. That sub is beefy as he'll.

Nice song in the other thread. Buckethead is nuts. Soothsayer is a good "song"

I hear ya man, I'm finally starting to be happy with mine, and I dont even have the sub in yet. OS Xtant and Hat FTW!

Nice man!
I have all CDT gear ready to drop in my truck:

DRT-26S upstage system

2 ES-04 accent fills

1 pr ES-06's

8 ES-06+'s

should sound decent.
8 es-06's it better sound amazing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif nice line up

iirc xtant was designed by the same ppl who did the the ppi arts and later the jl hd series.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.