'75 Cadillac Setup

Jesus crap you guys are messing with my head...

Those Fi subs look... fscking... amazing!!

The car does have the trunk space... it isn't like I am stuffing dead-bodies in there a la Mafia.

Another question, what company would you call "good to excellent" regarding component speakers?

Any preferences?

Thanks!
I am still trying to figure out what the "Big 3" are.

Alternator... cables... smelly tree?

Checking out the Eclipse head units now...

Although I rather spend the $$ upfront for a very good HU.

Much thanks bud![/quote

look into some touch screen hus. always cool to have and alot have very nice sq and high voltage rca outputs

Here is what I suggest you do scrap that idea of dash speakers use some of your budget and build door pods throw a nice three way in there. Then spend some more to upgrade your electrical and deaded that bad boy up.HU

CDA-9887 - Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/AAC In-Dash Receiver $329.99

Comps

CSX 465.20 - Rainbow CSX 6.5" 3-Way Component System $309.99

Amp for Comps

KAR 400.4 - ARC Audio 4 Channel 400 Watt Amplifier $269.99

Subs

Two SE10 - RE Audio 10" (Dual 4 Ohm) $239.99 ea

Sub amp

MD-1D - US Amps 1 Ch MD Series Amplifier $449.99

*Prices were quoted from woofersetc.com so prices may vary*

You still need RCA's,Alt,Enclosure,Deadner,Wiring and etc.
FTW!!!

Door pods!

Ok, dumb question:

If I ditch the dash speakers...

The I'd have four in the doors... and two in the rear deck?

Place four in the rear deck?

Ditch those?

Just asking... not sure what would be better.

**** I am PUMPED!!

I WANT THIS ALREADY!

LoL

Most dont run rear speakers leaving the cutouts empty to let more bass into the cabin. Take your time though and do as much research as you can. There is so much to learn.

FTW!!!Door pods!

Ok, dumb question:

If I ditch the dash speakers...

The I'd have four in the doors... and two in the rear deck?

Place four in the rear deck?

Ditch those?

Just asking... not sure what would be better.

**** I am PUMPED!!

I WANT THIS ALREADY!

LoL
Yeah get your doors fiberglassed and make custom speaker enclosure in your door. that caddy probably has 3",4x6's or 5x7's speakers wich is not going keep up with a pair of subs and give you the type of Kickazz sound you say you wanted. I suggest you really reasearch these car sudio terms to understand fully what you need and do not need. You don't need a bunch of speakers to keep up with a pair of 10's. A pair of well powered comps will do just fine up front in the doors with the 10's in the trunk. if you want another set of speakers for the back I would suggest a pair of coaxials ran off the HU

Cool cool! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'll organize my thoughts, and post more soon.

Thanks a ton for all the help so far!!

Will definitely update everyone here with the project (plus my 1,000 questions).

w00t w00t! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks!
I am still trying to figure out what the "Big 3" are.

Alternator... cables... smelly tree?
The "Big 3" is just a simple wire upgrade under the hood. Alternator + to battery +; Battery ground(-) to Chassis ; Chassis to engine(also ground)

This should be quite easy on an older car like that

I am sure that caddy has something small in the dash like 3",4",4x6's,4x10's. So to replace that with a pair of coaxials would be silly IMO but to each is own. I think you need to read more threads especially the stickies to get a better understanding of what certain terms mean as well as get a feel for what you will need and will not need.

Here is what I suggest you do scrap that idea of dash speakers use some of your budget and build door pods throw a nice three way in there. Then spend some more to upgrade your electrical and deaded that bad boy up.HU

CDA-9887 - Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/AAC In-Dash Receiver $329.99

Comps

CSX 465.20 - Rainbow CSX 6.5" 3-Way Component System $309.99

Amp for Comps

KAR 400.4 - ARC Audio 4 Channel 400 Watt Amplifier $269.99

Subs

Two SE10 - RE Audio 10" (Dual 4 Ohm) $239.99 ea

Sub amp

MD-1D - US Amps 1 Ch MD Series Amplifier $449.99

*Prices were quoted from woofersetc.com so prices may vary*

You still need RCA's,Alt,Enclosure,Deadner,Wiring and etc.
I like this. The only alternatives I would consider are an Image Dynamics subwoofer, an IDQ, or an Si Mag v4, something along those lines. And I might consider stepping up to the Rainbow Germanium's, I've heard the step up is well worth it.

In addition, for a correct staging of sound, you don't require rear speakers. Use a 3 way setup in the front of the vehicle, which emulates listening to music from in front of you. Music, in 99% of cases, is not surround sound, unless you are watching movies, in which case you do not need a rear fill.

DO NOT use a 3 way system for your front soundstage, it's going to be too difficult to setup correctly unless your installer is world class.

HU - whatever you want

Comps - PPI 365cs $135 shipped on ebay through SonicElectronix.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRECISION-POWER-PPI-356CS-6-5-CAR-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS_W0QQitemZ300366124106QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Speakers?hash=item45ef37544a#ht_1979wt_1165

Component amp - Sundown SAX100.4 $365

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sundown-Audio-SAX-100-4D_W0QQitemZ180421137139QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item2a01f012f3#ht_1133wt_1165

Sunwoofer amp - Sundown Audio 2000d $599 - this amp will smash windows out of cars

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sundown-Audio-SAZ-2000d-amplifier-NIB-with-warranty_W0QQitemZ250514970410QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item3a53db172a#ht_550wt_1165

Subs are personal preference, Check out SSA Icons, JL W7s, FI Q, etc. etc. etc. that amp will power anything you throw at it

$150-$200 on 0/1 wiring

$200 get a Chevy alternator off of one of the newer HD trucks and you'll have ~200 amps

$300+ http://www.sounddeadeningshowdown.com

$$$$$ a GOOD installer, crappy speakers installed well sound better than great speakers installed poorly

SlipAngle, thanks for the post!

I will have those in consideration... I'm still checking to see what exactly I do with the car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i'd run some sort of rear fill speaker in that car. the cabin space is so huge that the fronts would be kinda lost in there. you could put a pair of 6x9s back there, but make sure they are run at very low volume. you're only looking for fill, not a focal point of sound. I would agree with components up front, and a pair of 10s or even 12s would do nicely. I'm kinda wierd as in I like to get 3 or 4 8s going on and get a nice sound out of them. and I'm a huge fan of 5ch amps.

Jesus crap you guys are messing with my head...Those Fi subs look... fscking... amazing!!

The car does have the trunk space... it isn't like I am stuffing dead-bodies in there a la Mafia.

Another question, what company would you call "good to excellent" regarding component speakers?

Any preferences?
Fi subs are sick. the owner use to be the big cheese of.... http://www.reaudio.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.