? about adhesives

azimuth
5,000+ posts

funded*by*soros
Denver, Co
planning a new system for my s10 using some plexiglass, so i need the inside of the box as clean as possible. i will be using a clear acrylic tube for the port, which will be pretty long. above 30 inches, requiring a bit of bracing for it. i usually use either gorilla glue or loctite power grab to adhere aero ports to the braces, but that stuff does not dry very pretty, and the clear tube will almost amplify the ugly glue. question: what is the best glue for gluing acrylic to mdf bracing, drying as clear as possible? and before i hear "super glue" or "crazy glue", i've used a couple different ones, and they fail.

use clear silicone, in the paint section of home depot for like 2 bucks a tube. should do the job. and some silver screws instead of black i would suggest for less of an eyesore

use clear silicone, in the paint section of home depot for like 2 bucks a tube. should do the job. and some silver screws instead of black i would suggest for less of an eyesore
i use 0 screws on anything. i take that back. i will use them on the inside of a double baffle, but never if they will be visible. i know clear silicone has some adhesive, but will it glue acrylic to mdf solidly? 1500 rms won't be easy on the box.

Horse semen is an excellent adhesive and holds up great under extreme situations. I think I have some left over that I could send you if you cover shipping...

Horse semen is an excellent adhesive and holds up great under extreme situations. I think I have some left over that I could send you if you cover shipping...
really!?! i really need some. here's the address i want it sent to:

Guenrich A. Avanesov

84/32, profsoyuznaya ul., 117810 moscow

the glue used on pvc pipe does dry almost clear, but dont know if it would hold on the mdf part of the equation. can you paint the other types of glue???

maybe a black adhesive?if you were very diliberate about how you apply it you could get good results, i know 3m windoweld is very solid when it dries, just an idea

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

azimuth

5,000+ posts
funded*by*soros
azimuth
Denver, Co
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date