Aftermarket stereo not working

Participant count
  • Participant list

Keiron Flanagan

CarAudio.com Newbie
Wigan
I recently decided to upgrade the stereo in my 2006 smart forfour so i can use bluetooth i have tried 2 stereos and neither are powering up you can here the power supply when connected from mechanical movements in the cd wht is the problem?

What are the two head units you have tried and are you using a prescribed wire harness? Did you wire up the antenna or ignition triggered turn on and the 12V leads?

Last edited:
The firat ine was a cheap chinse thing off amazon the next was a jvc stereo, ijust removed the 2 iso cables and antenna from the old built in stereo and plugged them in the new ones but no power on either,ive ended up with the orignal stereo back un till i can solve this as this still works.

The firat ine was a cheap chinse thing off amazon the next was a jvc stereo, ijust removed the 2 iso cables and antenna from the old built in stereo and plugged them in the new ones but no power on either,ive ended up with the orignal stereo back un till i can solve this as this still works.
Still not following. Do the two units you tried have a attena/ignition triggered lead and if so, is it connected? Might want to post what units you are trying to hook up and what the year make and model of the car it's going into. Unless you are just really unlucky, chances are you're missing something in how the aftermarket units are wired compared to the factory HU.

jvc kd-r741bt i just used the cables out the old stereo using the isi harnes that came with the stereo. The cheap chinese one already had the same iso connectors built in to it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...