Alex's Silverado

Im still watching [emoji41] .
I may just copy you, im no expert box builder.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
Lol, ok. I really like using the 2x4's for the sides. For the baffle, I'm going to use birch, but the 2x4's are sturdy and cheap. I feel really good about this

lol ur still not understanding what I'm saying. I'm saying it doesn't matter what he changes, YOU CAN NOT TELL HIM WHAT GAINS HE WILL OR WILL NOT SEE, every install is different. And idk why your even in this thread, adulbrich don't like you so peace out.
Oh no. You guys don't like me. I'll need to get another box of tissues to wipe away all the tears.

He could ad another amp and electrical and gain 5db..
Double power and gain 5dB. Yep. It could happen we just don't know.

Lookin pretty good. Doubled up inner walls or just single with a thick baffle? Whats the plan for bracing inside the box?
You figure he'll need bracing with that shell and double layer 3/4?

For anybody who actually cares:
I got the driver's side done today. I'm happy with how it turned out. wood at the top is the same length as the ones in the middle, but they're tapered inwards because of the window. That's why they look shorter from this angle

IMG_20151112_171735_152_zpsmonlwgd8.jpg
Looks very solid!

For reference LMK when you run out of 2X4's I'm very interested to see how much coverage you get from 50.

idk I never burped. I just did real time spl or whatever on the term lab and played 157.11 consistently on music for a song. I should burp it for the hell of it sometime
I'm just saying you don't have to burp at high frequencies to be loud

Lookin pretty good. Doubled up inner walls or just single with a thick baffle? Whats the plan for bracing inside the box?
Sides will just be single layer of 2x4's, which is really solid. Back wall is two layers of birch and one of 2x4's. Bottom is just going to be two layers of birch, but it's covered with 1/4 inch of resin and cracking the resin with a hammer was hard to do when disassembling the last box. Top will be a layer of 2x4 and birch. Front will be two layers of birch and one of 2x4. Internal bracing will be 1" threaded pipe and more 2x4's.

You figure he'll need bracing with that shell and double layer 3/4?
Looks very solid!

For reference LMK when you run out of 2X4's I'm very interested to see how much coverage you get from 50.
I am actually going to brace the inside too

Thanks, it is extremely solid.

I have only used 16 out of the 50 2x4's I bought and both sides are done. I'm not going to run out. Definitely easier to use 2x4's than a bunch of plywood layers, and cheaper too.

Sides will just be single layer of 2x4's, which is really solid. Back wall is two layers of birch and one of 2x4's. Bottom is just going to be two layers of birch, but it's covered with 1/4 inch of resin and cracking the resin with a hammer was hard to do when disassembling the last box. Top will be a layer of 2x4 and birch. Front will be two layers of birch and one of 2x4. Internal bracing will be 1" threaded pipe and more 2x4's.

I am actually going to brace the inside too

Thanks, it is extremely solid.

I have only used 16 out of the 50 2x4's I bought and both sides are done. I'm not going to run out. Definitely easier to use 2x4's than a bunch of plywood layers, and cheaper too.
I just dont see how i would get 19-21 cuft net doing it this way.

You seem to have a bigger cab then mine.

That or i measured wrong somehow.

I just dont see how i would get 19-21 cuft net doing it this way.
You seem to have a bigger cab then mine.

That or i measured wrong somehow.

I have a crew cab. 4 full doors. You have an extended cab. I've got like a foot and a half more depth than you

you gonna deaden those doors?
The rear ones? No, because there won't be any pressure on them.

I already deadened the driver's side front door and am trying to decide how extreme I want to do the passenger side front door before I do pods

How do you put all the 2x4 together? Glue and clamp them all or lay each one and put screws then add another one and screw? Just curious.

Seems like this one will come out better than the last one.

For cosmetic looks. Will you be covering up the 2x4's with something to have a nice clean look rather then just seeing a ton of 2x4's stacked on top of each other??

How do you put all the 2x4 together? Glue and clamp them all or lay each one and put screws then add another one and screw? Just curious.
Seems like this one will come out better than the last one.
Glue then screw each one

For cosmetic looks. Will you be covering up the 2x4's with something to have a nice clean look rather then just seeing a ton of 2x4's stacked on top of each other??
No, they're the sides, so I don't care what they look like

Glue then screw each one

No, they're the sides, so I don't care what they look like
I used deck screws (gold ones?) And dont think they held good. I ended up using the kreg screws more..

What type did you end up using.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.