Almost done with doors (56k go eat a ham sammich)

Ingleside
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I started this project before i joined this site and thought i would share with the forum. I'll have the doors primed and ready for paint toinght beacause they are getting shot tomorrow at my friends body shop. It turned out to be cheaper to get them shot than covered in suede.

door_1.jpg

door_2.jpg

door_3.jpg

DSC04724.JPG

DSC04725.JPG

here are some pics of the box i built a month ago. i'm going to end up selling it b/c i just picked up 2 12W6v2's. I really wanted to build something for them before my CES/AVN road trip next week but there is no time.

box_4.jpg

box_1.jpg

nice job so far.. is it hard to do that it always thought it looked hard?
it takes a bit of practice to get it to look right. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But theres lots of tutorials here to help people out who want to try it.

I'm gonna try doing some door panels in the spring because i dont like the stock speaker locations on my silverado project. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What kind of car is that?
2003 WRX

nice job so far.. is it hard to do that it always thought it looked hard?
thanks. it's not THAT hard but there are a few things you lean on the way. I had some trouble with some cracking that was happening on the leading edge of the door panel. I just ended up glassing the back side and it hasn't flexed since.

Looks real nice. Did you use anything special to get the resin to adhere to the doorpanel?
all i did was drill some holes in the plastic door panel and then used 36 girt to rough it up. i layed 2 layers of 1.5 oz chop mat on the area where all the work was going to be done.

Finally got them done before my CES road tirip.

I still have to put the pockets back in and tweak a few things but they are pretty much done.

painted1.jpg

painted2.jpg

Thats some excellent work there man, be proud, be very proud! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.