Alpine i-Personalize help crossovers/parametric EQ

Participant count
  • Participant list

ToxicAcoustiks
10+ year member

Hey guys,

So heres a basic run down on my setup right now, all 4 speakers are ran off the deck for now, I'm getting an audison lrx4300 4 channel soon and the fronts are going to be changed, but this is what I'm working with for now:

deck: alpine cda-9833

front speakers: 4" morel dotech mkll components (Frequency Response: 50-22000Hz - Crossover Point: 1800Hz 6dB/octave)

rear speakers: 6 1/2" powerbass 2XL-60C components (Frequency Response:

59Hz-20kHz)

sub: 1 12" DC Audio Level 4 dual 1 @ 800wrms-900wrms @ 2 ohm

Heres what I got the setings at right now, let me know what you think:

v5bjgk.jpg

You don't have any lowpass filter set for the sub. With the slope turned off, you're going to be feeding it full range. If you're running a mono amp, it'll probably only go up to 400 Hz or so, but that's probably too high for a decent sub stage. You'll probably want to set it at 12 dB/oct. The i-Personalize feature is pretty neat that you can do it all online, burn it to a disc, then "install" the settings on your HU, but you're probably better off adjusting by ear while you're in your car. I tried out the i-Personalize one time for my 9855 just to see how it worked. I had much better results setting everything the normal way.

No problem. By the way, nice deck. I've always liked the 9833, 9835, 9853, and 9855. I've only owned the latter 2, but they're all very nice decks with a ton of tuning options, plus they're 3 way capable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.