Alpine IVA-W200 & PXA-H701: ? for owners

plumpjack
10+ year member

Hey guys,

I just installed my PXA-H701 last night after being frustrated with the lack of control on the W200...now I'm frustrated by the amount of control on the H701! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

For those of you who own one or know about them... do you use the MX settings? What do they do? Are they just dynamic range compression? And what is the difference between 1, 2, & 3? It doesn't appear to be in the manual.

Also, can you use the Graphic EQ and Parametric at the same time? It appears that one turns the other off. I was going to use the Graphic EQ for correction and the parametric for listening preferences.

Lastly, from what I'm seeing the unit can only control 2 front sources, 1 rear, 1 center, and 1 sub. If I wanted a 3-way active setup in front would I just ditch rear speakers altogether (had thought of keeping them for rear fill)? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

plumpjack

Uhhh, completely wrong on using the center source for the hights. That's a summed R+L signal.

When you say 3 way active, do you mean tweet, mid, and sub. Or tweet, midrange, midbass, and sub. H701 can do both very well.

You have to choose between graphic and parametric for the EQ.

Uhhh, completely wrong on using the center source for the hights. That's a summed R+L signal.
When you say 3 way active, do you mean tweet, mid, and sub. Or tweet, midrange, midbass, and sub. H701 can do both very well.

You have to choose between graphic and parametric for the EQ.
Hey, Thanks for the reply. I meant tweet, midrange, midbass, & sub.

Thanks!

-plumpjack

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.