Alpine MRP-M500 to this sub Alpine SWS-12D4 ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Not sure about the box, but just make sure you wire the sub to 2 ohms if you buy one that DVC 4ohm. And then set your gain with a multimeter. That sub and amp match well, but you can do better for the money you would spend on that. I wish I hadnt bought an alpine substage now, because there is better equipment for the price. That's not to say I cant still bump and shake the car.

EDIT: Just took a look at that box. Get a better one. Box makes a lot bigger of a difference than you would think. It's amazing really.

would this run efficiently??
I already have an Atrend-Bbox E12SV B Box Series 12" Single Vented Subwoofer Enclosure //Product in Inches (L x W x H):20.1 x 16.4 x 14.7 ,not sure if this box is correct cu ft enclosure
no way, man. that box is no bueno. You ever hit up Starr Mountain Sound? They're pretty close to you, and a box from them would probably be not a whole lot more than the 70+ you're going to spend on that crap.

This from the sub manual:

Recomended Vented Box

22.5"x12.5"x14"Gross Int Vol (1.67ft)Net Int Vol (1.4ft)Range32-37Hz

I email Star Mountain Sound,waiting for a reply during normal business hours I will call .I appreciate the tips and Im selling that box

This amp would push 500 rms right????? if done like sjv13 said ("but just make sure you wire the sub to 2 ohms if you buy one that DVC 4ohm"

Not sure about the box, but just make sure you wire the sub to 2 ohms if you buy one that DVC 4ohm. And then set your gain with a multimeter. That sub and amp match well, but you can do better for the money you would spend on that. I wish I hadnt bought an alpine substage now, because there is better equipment for the price. That's not to say I cant still bump and shake the car.
EDIT: Just took a look at that box. Get a better one. Box makes a lot bigger of a difference than you would think. It's amazing really.
which type r do you have? I have the new 2012 swr-10d4 and honestly for 140 bucks there isn't any sub I would rather get besides these. not only do the sound great and get loud as hell, they are some of the best looking subs Ive seen, especially for this price range

which type r do you have? I have the new 2012 swr-10d4 and honestly for 140 bucks there isn't any sub I would rather get besides these. not only do the sound great and get loud as hell, they are some of the best looking subs Ive seen, especially for this price range
there type S

Alpine SWS-12D4 12" Car Subwoofer NEW

121038198467 - EBAY Price: US $74.99

Quantity:1

My goal was 500 rms from both amp and sub

Im on hunt for a correct ported enclosure,but Its difficult,I just want to find a good online price and

get it shipped free,pre fab enclosures **** and custom are expensive

there type SAlpine SWS-12D4 12" Car Subwoofer NEW

121038198467 - EBAY Price: US $74.99

Quantity:1

My goal was 500 rms from both amp and sub

Im on hunt for a correct ported enclosure,but Its difficult,I just want to find a good online price and

get it shipped free,pre fab enclosures **** and custom are expensive
oh no. I was asking the other guy svj a question... but yes the new type S with an alpine mrp-m500 is a great combination because they are meant perfectly to fit eachother. I actually got my friend the same exact setup with the atrend box. goto mobile enclosures and ask him for a price on a single 12 inch ported subwoofer. it shouldn't cost that much, ask him to help you out on discounts as well.

are you refer to this guy from this thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/supporting-vendors-*new*/544161-mobile-enclosures-build-log-dual-sa-12-bass-reflex.htmlif yes then I message him and waiting on reply back

I appreciate the replys and Info
Hey //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I got you PM. I have looked over this thread and as far as the box goes, the one you said you had already has a port area about half the size of the minimum for that sws 12. That box and that sub will work good but not great. It will likely not allow you to use the amount of power capable from that amp either, which will be wasted voltage IMO. The simplistic form of the design is great, but without details, I can tell you as the others have.......you can get much better for the money. I can try to get ahold of Brian today from Starr and see if he would be up for doing a build from one of my designs if you are willing to get a quote. Being that he is close by, there is a win win situation for you man. I can do the design for you and if he is interested, he can do a build possibly? IDK I can ask, but if you want a build from me as well, I can quote you on that too, no problem. Best to get all of your options and see what you can get for the best deal and balance for performance and all that. hit me up PM some more and I will get you some prices and Ill try to talk to Brian today for that option. Sound good?

sounds awesome: no pun intended lol
You're going to get a lot out of that budget combo by having moble design & SMS build it. People will probably be shocked to find out its a 500 watt amp on a single type s. You are definitely heading in the right direction now.

I've got the 600wrms model. I paid $200 for it. I think I need to push it with a bigger amp or add another one. I was content for a while, but it just doesnt impress me much anymore. I guess that is what happens with virtually every material possession, but still. I could have done better for how much I spent. Like some stuff from Audioque or something like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.